+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TEF Canada or TCF Canada

aurelero

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
France
Hi

Can someone tell me whether TCF is acceptable or TEF if one wants to apply for Canada PR under express entry.
I think it's only TEF Canada that is accepted by IRCC.
Just watch out which variant you pick (THere are two vairants but I can't remember their name).
I took TEF Canada (TEF Quebec won't work for Express ENtry but TEF Canada works for the Quebec immigration channel).

Reactions: Jatinder_singh

rajdeep181

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
Bom dia, yes she took grammar classes at the UFBA and then learnt how to speak french with a personnal teacher also in Salvador. Which city do you live in?
I live in São Paulo. Do you know the possibility to take French class with English and not Portuguese.

aurelero

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
France
I live in São Paulo. Do you know the possibility to take French class with English and not Portuguese.
You might be lucky if you ask Alliance Française. Otherwise, try your luck with meetup or LinkedIn where you could find Quebec or people French living in Sao Paulo.

Jatinder_singh

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Just watch out which variant you pick (THere are two vairants but I can't remember their name).
I took TEF Canada (TEF Quebec won't work for Express ENtry but TEF Canada works for the Quebec immigration channel).
Thkx dear
But do u know sth. About TCF means can i sit for TCF candad exam if I have to choose between TCF and TEF

Jatinder_singh

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
What level did you achieve..

Mori123

Nov 4, 2020
I myself am a French native speaker, here is my score:
Reading: 270/300 C1
Listening: 323/360 C1
Writing: 450/450 C2
Speaking: 416/450 C2

This is my wife's score (she is from Brazil):
Reading: 245/300 C1
Listening: 285/360 C1
Writing: 215/450 B1
Speaking: 353/450 C1

Test Center: Nova performance - Mulhouse
Hardcopies delivered in 20 days.
What did your wife use to prepare? Especially the writing part

Swedha

Feb 29, 2020
Hi all. With the recent Canadian rules they have mentioned that we need to take French to get more points. This is very frustrating as i do not know French AT ALL.

For a beginner like me, does anyone here think joining classes will help me? Will I even be able to get clb 7 being a beginner knowing nothing in french