+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TEF Canada or TCF Canada

amarinez

Oct 25, 2018
Mexico
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi to everyone, so i have 1 question. I'm taking classes of french in order to submit it as a second language; i've just begun the B2 course so i'm going to take classes for a few more months in order to be sure to obtain the NCLC 5 or above.

So my question is, which test should I present the TEF Canada or TCF Canada, is there a real difference between these two? Which one is easier?

Thanks for your advice!

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
Hi to everyone, so i have 1 question. I'm taking classes of french in order to submit it as a second language; i've just begun the B2 course so i'm going to take classes for a few more months in order to be sure to obtain the NCLC 5 or above.

So my question is, which test should I present the TEF Canada or TCF Canada, is there a real difference between these two? Which one is easier?

Thanks for your advice!
I only tested for TEF but I went over the content of the TCF. For me, the writing and the speaking parts of the TEF are easier. The reading and the listening parts are similar. The TEF exam has only 2 tasks for the speaking and writing sections. In contrast, the TCF has 3 tasks for speaking and writing sections.

Last edited:
Reactions: amarinez

Amit23

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
India

Thanks for your advice!
Hi, I am also planning to study French. Please tell how much time did you study to reach b2 level. I will be starting from scratch and want to know how much time it takes to prepare for TEF. I need CLB7 to increase my points.

P. S. : Already got CLB 9 in IELTS.

amarinez

Oct 25, 2018
Mexico
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi, I am also planning to study French. Please tell how much time did you study to reach b2 level. I will be starting from scratch and want to know how much time it takes to prepare for TEF. I need CLB7 to increase my points.

P. S. : Already got CLB 9 in IELTS.
I've just begun B2, i've been taking classes for around one year and a half, and in order to reach a full B2 it's about another 8 months so i'm guessing a total o 2 years to obtaing a CLB7

Best of luck

Reactions: AUSSIEMATE

amarinez

Oct 25, 2018
Mexico
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I only tested for TEF but I went over the content of the TCF. For me, the writing and the speaking parts of the TEF are easier. The reading and the listening parts are similar. The TEF exam has only 2 tasks for the speaking and writing sections. In contrast, the TCF has 3 tasks for speaking and writing sections.
Thanks for your answer, then i guess i'll take the TEF, do you have any web site or material i can use to prepare for the test? :D

aurelero

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
France
I took TEF Canada (electronic version) yesterday with my wife. She is not a native speaker but she managed to score C1 at reading and listening.
The easiest part is listening and the hardest is writing.
Speaking is ok as you will interact a lot with the examiner. They record the conversation as it is evaluated both by the examiner and in Canada.

Reactions: springseason2020

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
Thanks for your answer, then i guess i'll take the TEF, do you have any web site or material i can use to prepare for the test? :D
I used prepmyfuture. It prepared me well for the test. For the speaking parts I used a YouTube channel called propulse training ( she stimulates the speaking parts with students and she gives good tips ). I suggested also David Leblanc YouTube channel. For the speaking parts, when you practice the questions, time yourself and record your voice. Also for more practice exercices, go on the YouTube channel suggested by @Peacekeeper87 You can also find more practice on the TEF Manuel du candidat posted on the Francais des affaire website. The YouTube channels that I mentioned have also a lot of practice exercices for each part of the exam. Good luck!

Last edited:

Arvibala

Feb 24, 2019
I took TEF Canada (electronic version) yesterday with my wife. She is not a native speaker but she managed to score C1 at reading and listening.
The easiest part is listening and the hardest is writing.
Speaking is ok as you will interact a lot with the examiner. They record the conversation as it is evaluated both by the examiner and in Canada.
Wow Great...In which Center you took the exam and how much level you have completed in French ...B2?

Reactions: Jatinder_singh

aurelero

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
France
Wow Great...In which Center you took the exam and how much level you have completed in French ...B2?
I myself am a French native speaker, here is my score:
Reading: 270/300 C1
Listening: 323/360 C1
Writing: 450/450 C2
Speaking: 416/450 C2

This is my wife's score (she is from Brazil):
Reading: 245/300 C1
Listening: 285/360 C1
Writing: 215/450 B1
Speaking: 353/450 C1

Test Center: Nova performance - Mulhouse
Hardcopies delivered in 20 days.

Reactions: Khizar.sap

jadh

Apr 28, 2019
Do you guys know anything about TCF?
the closest center has these option and I'm not sure whether I need to sign up for all 4 different sections or only the compulsory?

TCF-QUEBEC

Compulsory only $180
Compulsory & writing $260
Compulsory & written comprehension $260
Full exam $340