+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Technical Support Representative - Transcom NOC

rlcayaco

Jan 27, 2021
Hi, I was recently hired as a Technical Support Representative in Transcom. I just want to know if somebody knows what NOC this job belongs to. Please help me. Thank you.

co2020

May 31, 2020
Hi, I was recently hired as a Technical Support Representative in Transcom. I just want to know if somebody knows what NOC this job belongs to. Please help me. Thank you.
It falls under the general term User Support Technicians NOC code 2282. It is NOC B
Illustrative example(s)
  • call centre agent - technical support
  • client support representative - systems
  • computer help desk representative - systems
  • computer help desk supervisor
https://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?CLV=4&CPV=2282&CST=01012011&CVD=122376&Function=getVD&MLV=4&TVD=122372
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/find-national-occupation-code.html

rlcayaco

Jan 27, 2021
It falls under the general term User Support Technicians NOC code 2282. It is NOC B
Illustrative example(s)
  • call centre agent - technical support
  • client support representative - systems
  • computer help desk representative - systems
  • computer help desk supervisor
https://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?CLV=4&CPV=2282&CST=01012011&CVD=122376&Function=getVD&MLV=4&TVD=122372
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/find-national-occupation-code.html
Hi, Thank you for this. I just want to make sure because I am gonna use this for my PGWP. The Employment Requirements for the (Technical Support Representative) / the job I was hired is High School graduate or above. This is the Employment requirements for the 2282 - User Support Technician. So is it still fine even if the Job I got requires only a High School graduate?

Employment requirements
  • Completion of a college program in computer science, computer programming or network administration is usually required.
  • College or other courses in computer programming or network administration are usually required.
  • Certification or training provided by software vendors may be required by some employers.

co2020

May 31, 2020
Hi, Thank you for this. I just want to make sure because I am gonna use this for my PGWP. The Employment Requirements for the (Technical Support Representative) / the job I was hired is High School graduate or above. This is the Employment requirements for the 2282 - User Support Technician. So is it still fine even if the Job I got requires only a High School graduate?

Employment requirements
  • Completion of a college program in computer science, computer programming or network administration is usually required.
  • College or other courses in computer programming or network administration are usually required.
  • Certification or training provided by software vendors may be required by some employers.
You do not need a job offer for PGWP except when you are also applying for SOWP for your spouse. However the job will be relevant for your Canadian work Experience when you apply for PR.

No it doesn't matter. The employment requirement is just a guide for people seeking the job. CIC doesn't take that it into consideration when reviewing your application. As long as you have the job that's all that matters. What they analyze is the main duties you performed.

Last edited:

rlcayaco

Jan 27, 2021
You do not need a job offer for PGWP except when you are also applying for SOWP for your spouse. However the job will be relevant for your Canadian work Experience when you apply for PR.

No it doesn't matter. The employment requirement is just a guide for people seeking the job. CIC doesn't take that it into consideration when reviewing your application. As long as you have the job that's all that matters. What they analyze is the main duties you performed.
Thank you again. I mean I will need it for my PR, not PGWP sorry I got confused. BTW how did you know that this falls in the 2282 - User Support Technician? Do you know someone that has the same Job as this and used it for the PR?

co2020

May 31, 2020
Thank you again. I mean I will need it for my PR, not PGWP sorry I got confused. BTW how did you know that this falls in the 2282 - User Support Technician? Do you know someone that has the same Job as this and used it for the PR?
Yes most people I know went through the same route. Mainly because there are a lot of call centers in the area I stay, so that's the qualifying NOC job that most could get easily after graduation. Those who completed their one year work experience in 2018 or early 2019 have gotten their PR.

Last edited:

KunalArora

Star Member
Oct 21, 2018
Hi guys, did anyone of you know if Technical Support Advisor (Transcom) is a NOC B-level job? Did anyone receive PR after working in Transcom as a Technical Support Advisor?

Vonput

Star Member
Jun 9, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Please in what City was that? I’m also looking for such a job as I’ve finished school & I need to secure my PR with a NOC A or B job

Renadxb

Jun 24, 2018
Hi does one need a referral for this or can just apply

p.sejal17

Aug 17, 2019
Hi, I want applied for this job. I filled the application and now half way through in the tests after they sent the link to complete. Can you tell me how high are the chances to get his job. I really want to get this job. Please help me and Thank you.

raorajkiran

Jun 6, 2023
Hello Everyone,

I am slightly late to the party. I just had one question if anyone can answer me? I recently got selected for the position of Technical Customer Service Representative. I do not have any information about its NOC level. Does this job qualify for NOC B can anyone confirm?

Thanks in Advance

semwalanita

Sep 25, 2023
HI.. I am in Edmonton..and I am on work.permit. I have just got a same kind of job. But my agent says that for PR the job or company office should.be in Edmonton.only then I can apply PR on basis of this job