+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

technical question about employment

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
Hi all,

My 1096 days complete on 8 october, I am on parental E.I, recently I have been offered a job position which I have accepted , training starts on 14 october , so the question is since I am applying before 14 october and I would be on training for a week and will be back on 19 October, so do I mention the new job offer in the application form,

your help is greatly appreciated, plz help me out

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
handsomeishere said:
Hi all,

My 1096 days complete on 8 october, I am on parental E.I, recently I have been offered a job position which I have accepted , training starts on 14 october , so the question is since I am applying before 14 october and I would be on training for a week and will be back on 19 October, so do I mention the new job offer in the application form,

your help is greatly appreciated, plz help me out
Why not wait these several days? You can apply on Oct 19. But if you really want to apply ASAP, I would include the new position in your application.

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
Thanks aed for a quick reply , if I have to apply asap then how do I mention my new job ,lets say i am 8ffered the job on 1 october but starts on 14 october, shall I write starting 14 october, and then explain in a covering letter or say that I m on parental leave and send the covering letter and job offer, sorry if I m asking too many questions, cheers ,
aed said:
Why not wait these several days? You can apply on Oct 19. But if you really want to apply ASAP, I would include the new position in your application.

HHH2000

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
handsomeishere said:
Thanks aed for a quick reply , if I have to apply asap then how do I mention my new job ,lets say i am 8ffered the job on 1 october but starts on 14 october, shall I write starting 14 october, and then explain in a covering letter or say that I m on parental leave and send the covering letter and job offer, sorry if I m asking too many questions, cheers ,
Covering letter can be a best way to explain, you can fill the job section with Job offer and explain that in your covering letter.

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
Hhh2000 thanks alot, that is also a good one :), any other suggestions plz :) from any one ,
HHH2000 said:
SCovering letter can be a best way to explain, you can fill the job section with Job offer and explain that in your covering letter.

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does the citizenship application have the day? I thought it asked just for the month and year(?).

In any case, If I were in your shoes, I would apply November 1. It helps in two ways -

1. You can put your new job on your application. It also makes your application look good as you are currently working and then saves you from having to write a letter to explain. You want to keep things simple for the person reviewing it (they give RQs at every little irritation :) )

2. It gives you a buffer of about 3 weeks - and helps you safeguard against them doing their calcuations and them coming back to say you are short of 1094 days.

I am sure your application would still get processed within the same time frame anyways... wont make much difference.

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
Thanks alot alabaman and others, it really makes sence :) ,
Alabaman said:
Does the citizenship application have the day? I thought it asked just for the month and year(?).

In any case, If I were in your shoes, I would apply November 1. It helps in two ways -

1. You can put your new job on your application. It also makes your application look good as you are currently working and then saves you from having to write a letter to explain. You want to keep things simple for the person reviewing it (they give RQs at every little irritation :) )

2. It gives you a buffer of about 3 weeks - and helps you safeguard against them doing their calcuations and them coming back to say you are short of 1094 days.

I am sure your application would still get processed within the same time frame anyways... wont make much difference.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
handsomeishere said:
Hhh2000 thanks alot, that is also a good one :), any other suggestions plz :) from any one ,

Please don't forget this CIC guideline in haste.

Note: If you sign your application more than three months before we get it or if you date it into the future, we will send it back to you. You must be eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship the day before you sign the application form or earlier.

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
handsomeishere said:
Thanks alot alabaman and others, it really makes sence :) ,
I agree with what Alabaman said. I waited 2 weeks as well just to have a few more extra physical presence days. Anyways, in the employment section you have to put your new job with the date of Oct 14. You also have to include the time when you were on the parental EI. That's quite important. You can't leave any time gaps there. So, even if you didn't work but were on EI, or unemployed, or volunteered etc, you have to include it. Also, don't forget to provide CIC with a copy of your job offer letter/contract. That's the only proof you're employed now (or soon will be) as you don't have any pay stubs or T4s from this job yet. Hope that helps. :)

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
Thanks alot :)
Donvalley said:
Please don't forget this CIC guideline in haste.

Note: If you sign your application more than three months before we get it or if you date it into the future, we will send it back to you. You must be eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship the day before you sign the application form or earlier.

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
Thanks a lot :)
aed said:
I agree with what Alabaman said. I waited 2 weeks as well just to have a few more extra physical presence days. Anyways, in the employment section you have to put your new job with the date of Oct 14. You also have to include the time when you were on the parental EI. That's quite important. You can't leave any time gaps there. So, even if you didn't work but were on EI, or unemployed, or volunteered etc, you have to include it. Also, don't forget to provide CIC with a copy of your job offer letter/contract. That's the only proof you're employed now (or soon will be) as you don't have any pay stubs or T4s from this job yet. Hope that helps. :)

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
Hi

If the space provided for the employment history is not enough let's say if there are more entries than the space provided, shall I just print the page twice and write the extra info into the second printed page, cheers
aed said:

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
handsomeishere said:
Hi

If the space provided for the employment history is not enough let's say if there are more entries than the space provided, shall I just print the page twice and write the extra info into the second printed page, cheers
I believe the citizenship application guide says to attach a sheet of paper (on which you can list all your additional experience) if you run out of space. No double printing of pages.

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
Like a blank page and I can write the additional work hiztory on it , and where to put it at the end of application pack and mention in th e covering letter right , thanks all of you guys , :)
aed said:
I believe the citizenship application guide says to attach a sheet of paper (on which you can list all your additional experience) if you run out of space. No double printing of pages.

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
handsomeishere said:
Like a blank page and I can write the additional work hiztory on it , and where to put it at the end of application pack and mention in th e covering letter right , thanks all of you guys , :)
One more thing, if you decide to submit your application now, remember to sign it, DATE it, and send it at least one day after Oct 8.