+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Technical error on PR confirmation portal

Ystallia

Nov 22, 2022
*Also posted in the family sponsorship section as I don't know where I should post this. I will delete one of the posts if it is unwanted*

Hi everyone,

I am getting concerned as I can't submit my document on the PR confirmation portal:

I have been trying to submit my documents which are the "In-Canada declaration", My mailing address and a picture for the PR Card.
The "In-Canada declaration" has been submitted (green status)
I uploaded the picture and provided my address details. Both are "Ready to submit to IRCC" (orange status).

When I click on submit documents I get this message: "There was a technical error when handling your request. Please try again later."
I tried refreshing the page, deleting History, updating google chrome, using chrome on windows laptop then on mobile device. Nothing has changed so far.

I already sent a web form to IRCC but I know there will be delays and the email I received said that I have to submit everything under 7 days so I am highly stressed.

I would really appreciate any help !

[UPDATE] I can now submit my documents and received an electronic confirmation of PR right before being able to submit them. I guess the website was bugged yesterday.

Last edited:
Reactions: CherAmie

premkothekar

Star Member
Jun 18, 2020
*Also posted in the family sponsorship section as I don't know where I should post this. I will delete one of the posts if it is unwanted*

Hi everyone,

I am getting concerned as I can't submit my document on the PR confirmation portal:

I have been trying to submit my documents which are the "In-Canada declaration", My mailing address and a picture for the PR Card.
The "In-Canada declaration" has been submitted (green status)
I uploaded the picture and provided my address details. Both are "Ready to submit to IRCC" (orange status).

When I click on submit documents I get this message: "There was a technical error when handling your request. Please try again later."
I tried refreshing the page, deleting History, updating google chrome, using chrome on windows laptop then on mobile device. Nothing has changed so far.

I already sent a web form to IRCC but I know there will be delays and the email I received said that I have to submit everything under 7 days so I am highly stressed.

I would really appreciate any help !

I am experiencing the same issue as yours, I guess problem is from their end. Send a email about this on this dedicated email address IRCC.ClientPortalOntario-OntarioClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Ystallia

Nov 22, 2022
Are you still having this problem? I tried to submit mine this morning and got the same error.
Hi, I do have the same error problem but for some reasons I received an email from IRCC telling me that my permanent resident status is confirmed and that I can download the electronic Confirmation of Permanent Resident (eCoPR). It appeared this morning under the "submit documents" section. I am genuinely confused at this point.

"This eCoPR document is proof of ....(my name) new status and can be used as proof of status until the permanent resident card arrives in the mail.” is what it says above the download button for this eCoPR.

I guess my documents were submitted after all but the website is bugged ?

I will let you know if anything changes. I did receive an email saying that an agent will contact me for further instructions.

almaghest

Aug 24, 2022
Strange! Thanks for your reply @Ystallia
I was filing out the webform just now and tried again so that I could record the error to use in the webform, suddenly it worked for me!
Hope everything goes smoothly with the rest of your process. :)

Ystallia

Nov 22, 2022
Strange! Thanks for your reply @Ystallia
I was filing out the webform just now and tried again so that I could record the error to use in the webform, suddenly it worked for me!
Hope everything goes smoothly with the rest of your process. :)
Exactly the same for me. I tried just one more time before giving up and it finally worked. Someone must have fixed the problem :)

Ystallia

Nov 22, 2022
Many many Congratulations, I submitted my pic and address(still in review) yesterday and waiting for ecopr and

did you get any update in GCkey for copr or decision made any kind of update that U r now pr??
It is funny, I received congratulation email from the PR portal bit on my regular IRCC account my statut didn't move. I think they didn't update it.

For the eCoPR I just checked the PR portal and it appeared under my documents and I printed it. It says my PR status is confirmed but I still need my picture to get reviewed and get rhe PR card.

I guess we are at the same steps

premkothekar

Star Member
Jun 18, 2020
I guess not , your ecopr will states that you now Permanent residence of Canada(from document dated on). You photo and address may need to review and need approval to send you a physical PR card.
I am still waiting for Ecopr which specifically state that I am now Permanent residence of Canada.
Hope for the best, I hope it arrives early like your did