+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Teaching jobs for french speaking ?

audric

Oct 22, 2015
Hello,

I came across a topic were it seemed obvious that getting a teaching job in private or public schools was very difficult, even for natives Canadians...

But I was also told French speaking teachers were needed in some areas of Canada like Ontario for example, were there are quite some French speaking communities.
Does anyone know about this ?

I would like to know what are the chances for my wife, Belgian sciences teacher, to find such a job either in French class or sciences class.

Thank you very much !

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your wife should check the requirements for teachers in the relevant provinces.

Here's Ontario:
https://www.oct.ca/public/professional-standards/how-teachers-are-certified

audric

Oct 22, 2015
Hello,

Thank you for the link.
Yes I know it is not always easy to have diploma's recognized... but she'll have a Master's Degree and I am confident we would eventually get it.

What I am really enquiring about is not the accessibility, rather the demand for French speaking teachers (for example French teacher) in Ontario for example.

Thanks !

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
audric said:
Hello,

Thank you for the link.
Yes I know it is not always easy to have diploma's recognized... but she'll have a Master's Degree and I am confident we would eventually get it.

What I am really enquiring about is not the accessibility, rather the demand for French speaking teachers (for example French teacher) in Ontario for example.

Thanks !
I have a number of friends who are teachers in Ontario. The short answer is there is no demand for anything when it comes to teachers. There are way more qualified teachers than jobs. Knowing French won't differentiate an applicant. There are plenty of teachers in Ontario who are fluent in French. Having said that, she may get lucky.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
I have a number of friends who are teachers in Ontario. The short answer is there is no demand for anything when it comes to teachers. There are way more qualified teachers than jobs. Knowing French won't differentiate an applicant. There are plenty of teachers in Ontario who are fluent in French. Having said that, she may get lucky.
+1. In addition, it's not just about getting diplomas/degrees recognised. It's also about getting the licence/permit to teach.

Most of the teachers I know, and like Scylla I know a few, are working as subs, or on short term contracts with no tenure/stability/security, whether they are anglophone, francophone or bilingual.