+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Teachers Job in Canada

Sam_KK

Jul 17, 2022
Hello all

I'm 33 single with a 7-year-old child, looking to come to amazing Canada, I need help to find a program that can allow me to get there please assist - here are my current credentials.

• Masters in Statistics
  • Bachelor in Education
  • 8 years of teaching experience
Please assist

thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello all

I'm 33 single with a 7-year-old child, looking to come to amazing Canada, I need help to find a program that can allow me to get there please assist - here are my current credentials.

• Masters in Statistics
  • Bachelor in Education
Please assist

thank you
You cannot teach without a provincial license so focus on Express Entry and see if eligible based on your age, education (need ECA), language (IELTS), work experience and funds. So most likely you need to immigrate and then look at if you can become licensed to teach.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry.html

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Where are you from? Do you have permission from your child’s other parent to go to Canada? Do you have 15k+ for proof of funds?

Rubyred

Star Member
Apr 6, 2020
Category........
Other
Hello all

• Masters in Statistics
  • Bachelor in Education
Please assist

thank you
Hi

If you have the intention of teaching in elementary, middle or high school, you will need to be certified. You can start by

1) narrowing down the province you want to move to and understand their requirements
e.g. B.C. https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/education-training/k-12/teach/become-a-teacher/apply/certificate-qualifications

2) If you have the financial means, apply for an Independent School Teaching Certificate.
This certificate is very easy to attain and will allow you to teach only in independent schools i.e. Private Schools.

3) Once you have this, apply to private schools (mention that you have an Independent School Teaching Cert.) and if you're fortunate to snag an interview and they like you, they will apply for a LMIA for you. This is a long shot though because very very likely, they would prefer you to be in the country. The private school will apply for a LOP which means that you will be certified (along with your Independent School Teaching) to teach in the school.

4) Teaching in a public school is more challenging because you'll need to have a comparable teaching certificate from your home country. Australia, NZ, Singapore and US teaching certificates, for example, are 'transferable'. It's still quite a process though. If you do not qualify, the board will guide you on the steps to attain your Certificate of Qualification.

There are tons of haters who will discourage you (probably because they were unable to transfer their own skills here in Canada and are stuck doing menial work). Do your homework, work out your expenses and find a way. There are always loopholes!

I wish you and your child the best of luck.

Reactions: Islandteachagirl

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi

If you have the intention of teaching in elementary, middle or high school, you will need to be certified. You can start by

1) narrowing down the province you want to move to and understand their requirements
e.g. B.C. https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/education-training/k-12/teach/become-a-teacher/apply/certificate-qualifications

2) If you have the financial means, apply for an Independent School Teaching Certificate.
This certificate is very easy to attain and will allow you to teach only in independent schools i.e. Private Schools.

3) Once you have this, apply to private schools (mention that you have an Independent School Teaching Cert.) and if you're fortunate to snag an interview and they like you, they will apply for a LMIA for you. This is a long shot though because very very likely, they would prefer you to be in the country. The private school will apply for a LOP which means that you will be certified (along with your Independent School Teaching) to teach in the school.

4) Teaching in a public school is more challenging because you'll need to have a comparable teaching certificate from your home country. Australia, NZ, Singapore and US teaching certificates, for example, are 'transferable'. It's still quite a process though. If you do not qualify, the board will guide you on the steps to attain your Certificate of Qualification.

There are tons of haters who will discourage you (probably because they were unable to transfer their own skills here in Canada and are stuck doing menial work). Do your homework, work out your expenses and find a way. There are always loopholes!

I wish you and your child the best of luck.
It used to be incredibly difficult to get a teaching job in Canada because there was a surplus of teachers. Shortages in some areas became an issue around 5 years ago and Covid has lead to even more shortages. Ahen it comes to finding teaching jobs for even teachers from Canada, ease of finding full-time employment is always dependent on what part of the training cycle you are part of. We vacillate from training too many teachers and then scale back and train to few. There is also a demand for more French teachers because French immersion is popular again while it wasn’t popular 2 decades ago.