+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TCS Jobs roles and responsiblities

bluewaters87

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
Hello Guys,

I got my reference letter from TCS. but they didnt mentioned how many hours i worked.
instead they mentioned about desgination, period of my employment and roles and responsiblities

Does this letter will help me becoz there didnt mention anything about number of hrs

Shree979

Mar 14, 2017
bluewaters87 said:
Hello Guys,

I got my reference letter from TCS. but they didnt mentioned how many hours i worked.
instead they mentioned about desgination, period of my employment and roles and responsiblities

Does this letter will help me becoz there didnt mention anything about number of hrs
Did you get this letter on company letterhead? Also, it is required to mention the number of working hours per week and that you are a full time employee

Mumbai_Maratha

Mar 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bluewaters87 said:
Hello Guys,

You can show TCS salary slips which do mention working hours.

comfortablynumb

Feb 23, 2017
Delhi
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-07-2017
bluewaters87 said:
Hello Guys,

I got mine from TCS a couple of days back. They mention that xxx was employed FULL TIME .....

This is totally fine I assure you.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
bluewaters87 said:
Hello Guys,

If the letter says you are/were Full-time employee, that should be fine. You can also attach your pay slips if it has number of hours worked mentioned.

comfortablynumb

Feb 23, 2017
Delhi
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-07-2017
Maverick28 said:
If the letter says you are/were Full-time employee, that should be fine. You can also attach your pay slips if it has number of hours worked mentioned.
TCS salary slips do not mention number of hours.

chiranjit

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Guys, can you please help how you got your reference letter from TCS? They have denied providing one to me earlier.

Appreciate your help.

comfortablynumb

Feb 23, 2017
Delhi
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-07-2017
chiranjit said:
Guys, can you please help how you got your reference letter from TCS? They have denied providing one to me earlier.

Appreciate your help.
What do you mean by "providing one to me earlier" ??

chiranjit

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
I have emailed HR to provide me with a reference letter. They have said that they don't provide reference letters. But, since you guys are saying that you were able to get one, I want to know how so that I can also request similarly.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Just full time is definitely not enough. Hours are mandatory. It is okay to be otherwise. Like the letter mentions hours and not full time.

Full time has different definitions in different companies. So TCS has 45 per week as full time, and many companies have 40 hours as full time. Some may have 20 or 25 hours too. It is purely by a company's policy. So avoid these confusions, IRCC has clearly mentioned what is full time in their guidelines.

IRCC considers 30 hours or more per week as full time. If the letter doesn't mention hours, it will be definite rejection as they have no way to know if someone has worked over 30+ hours per week or not.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
chiranjit said:
I have emailed HR to provide me with a reference letter. They have said that they don't provide reference letters. But, since you guys are saying that you were able to get one, I want to know how so that I can also request similarly.
You can get reference letter only if you have resigned from the company. If you have resigned, write an email to corporate.ffs@tcs.com asking for responsibilities letter. They will reply back with a template and last TCS supervisor email id. Fill the template and send it to your supervisor. He needs to send his approval to an email id after which they will issue the letter in letterhead. If you are working there, notarized supervisor letter is the only option I think.

Reactions: Varshams

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Mumbai_Maratha said:
You can show TCS salary slips which do mention working hours.
Indian pay slips do not have hours mentioned. US pay slips does, not sure about pay slips provided in other countries.

chiranjit

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
DEEPCUR said:
You can get reference letter only if you have resigned from the company. If you have resigned, write an email to corporate.ffs@tcs.com asking for responsibilities letter. They will reply back with a template and last TCS supervisor email id. Fill the template and send it to your supervisor. He needs to send his approval to an email id after which they will issue the letter in letterhead. If you are working there, notarized supervisor letter is the only option I think.
Thanks. +1

comfortablynumb

Feb 23, 2017
Delhi
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-07-2017
chiranjit said:
Thanks. +1
DEEPCUR is totally right that they give reference letter only after you have resigned.

BCiscoming

Feb 28, 2017
I got my skill letter already but they did not mention as full time employee/hours worked, I got a message that i can not apply for skill letter again, i think i messed it..
how do i handle it?