+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TCF "general public" for Express Entry - *help needed*

Andy Eddy

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
Hi guys

My PR application was rejected last January as I had submitted the results of a TCF general public exam rather than the TCF Canada.

As well as being understandably devastated, I found it hard to believe I could have made such an error - I clearly remember doing my research into the correct TCF exam to register for.

I passed the TCF GP exam in January 2020. Interestingly, the IRCC accepts standard TEF results if the exam was taken before March 2020. Before this date, the information the IRCC provided regarding the admissibility of standard TEF was ambiguous (they have since clarified the information).

I have searched and searched for IRCC website screenshots from 2019-early 2020 regarding the previous admissibility of TCF exam results - if there is similar ambiguity as with the TEF, then the error is the IRCC’s and I could request for the application to be reinstated.

Does anyone have any elements that could help my case?

Many thanks

Slimmy111

Nov 26, 2020
Hi guys

My PR application was rejected last January as I had submitted the results of a TCF general public exam rather than the TCF Canada.

As well as being understandably devastated, I found it hard to believe I could have made such an error - I clearly remember doing my research into the correct TCF exam to register for.

I passed the TCF GP exam in January 2020. Interestingly, the IRCC accepts standard TEF results if the exam was taken before March 2020. Before this date, the information the IRCC provided regarding the admissibility of standard TEF was ambiguous (they have since clarified the information).

I have searched and searched for IRCC website screenshots from 2019-early 2020 regarding the previous admissibility of TCF exam results - if there is similar ambiguity as with the TEF, then the error is the IRCC’s and I could request for the application to be reinstated.

Does anyone have any elements that could help my case?

Many thanks
I just had the same issue as you. I did the TCF general public instead of the TCF Canada. Now I'm at a crossroad whether it will be accepted by ircc or not

Andy Eddy

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
I just had the same issue as you. I did the TCF general public instead of the TCF Canada. Now I'm at a crossroad whether it will be accepted by ircc or not
Hi Slimmy111
No, the IRCC only accept TCF Canada for PR applications (or TEF Canada), no other variations are accepted.
Bon courage