+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Taxation for a Non-Resident PR

Discussion in 'Canadian Finance and Taxation' started by OmarSarfraz, Jun 10, 2018.

  1. Hi,
    I landed in Canada in November 2016 as a PR and stayed for a month and left Canada. Now I came back to Canada in June 2018 as PR for a short time again. I am working outside of Canada and will move permanently to Canada next year. Please can I know whether I have to file Taxes in Canada for 2016, 2017 an 2018?

  2. It will depend whether you maintain certain residential ties with Canada for those years.

Share This Page