+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tax return required?

jamiel886

Jun 16, 2020
Hi,

Again, it's me. I am a Canadian citizen.
Just wondering what else is required to provide to IRCC in terms of financial documents? Tax return required? All I have is the screenshots of my bank account savings.
Also, if my wife receives the approval to her application, she will not be able to work until 3 years later she receives the PR? Can my wife still go working?

Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

Just wondering what else is required to provide to IRCC in terms of financial documents? Tax return required? All I have is the screenshots of my bank account savings.
Also, if my wife receives the approval to her application, she will not be able to work until 3 years later she receives the PR? Can my wife still go working?

Thanks.
Follow the application checklist. Yes, you should be providing tax returns.

Your wife can work immediately when she becomes a PR.

jamiel886

Jun 16, 2020
Follow the application checklist. Yes, you should be providing tax returns.

Your wife can work immediately when she becomes a PR.
But it takes 3 years for her to get her PR status after the approval to her application? Say, she gets her application approved on Jan 1st, 2022, then she has to be sitting on side line for 3 years before she gets her PR and start to work?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
But it takes 3 years for her to get her PR status after the approval to her application? Say, she gets her application approved on Jan 1st, 2022, then she has to be sitting on side line for 3 years before she gets her PR and start to work?
For most getting PR status through spousal sponsorship takes <12 months. From the day she becomes a PR, she can work. (Well, must register for social insurance number but that's very quick).

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It does not take 3 years for her to get her PR status after the approval of her application. I don't know why you think this but it is incorrect.

jamiel886

Jun 16, 2020
I came across this sentence saying "...on the last day of the period of 3 years following the day on which they become a permanent resident", its on Form 1344 page 5. :oops:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I came across this sentence saying "...on the last day of the period of 3 years following the day on which they become a permanent resident", its on Form 1344 page 5. :oops:
What does the full statement say?

You're misunderstanding what it means.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
That section is the validity f the sponsorship agreement, i.e. during which you are financially responsible (and it starts AFTER the applicant becomes a PR). It has nothing to do with how long it takes to become a PR.

Reactions: Alexis1971

Alexis1971

Feb 16, 2020
Hi,

Thanks.
Send the most recent Notice of Assessment, not your entire tax return.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
With the partial sentence, my guess is this is your undertaking for her. So if she applies for social assistance from the government less than 3 years from the day that she landed as a PR, you have to pay the government back. This means you are responsible to support her living. BUT that doesn't stop her from getting a job and earning income for the family. (or herself)

Read the application and the guide again carefully.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi,

Thanks.
If you didn't work or filed income in Canada, then you won't have NOA to submit. In that case, you need other proof of supporting yourself and your PA (or other dependents included in the application).

Show current job, savings, and other financial support that you will get (living for free with family/relatives in Canada, if you are living outside now, show searching of job in Canada... that's also part of the intend to move back to Canada if you are currently living outside).

You need to explain and layout the plan on how your family will survive fincially in Canada without government support/social assistance.

jamiel886

Jun 16, 2020
If you didn't work or filed income in Canada, then you won't have NOA to submit. In that case, you need other proof of supporting yourself and your PA (or other dependents included in the application).

Show current job, savings, and other financial support that you will get (living for free with family/relatives in Canada, if you are living outside now, show searching of job in Canada... that's also part of the intend to move back to Canada if you are currently living outside).

You need to explain and layout the plan on how your family will survive fincially in Canada without government support/social assistance.
I have included my Taiwanese marriage certificate, screenshots of my bank accounts, household registration certificate, my passport, my citizenship card, my driver's license, 10 pages of photos and still preparing the 10 page dialogue...