+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tax Return never recieved?

Christyohhh

Sep 22, 2017
Mississauga, ON
So here's a little of background of me; I am not a Canadian citizen or PR but I filed for a tax return in April even though I have no ITN. I have been living in Canada with my husband who is a citizen for a year and a half as a visitor. We applied for my PR and OWP in April and recently got my OWP this month. I never worked in Canada or have any income from my home country which is the USA. Back in February, I called CRA on how I should file my taxes and they told me to just file my taxes without ITN and they'll give me one once I do. I mailed my taxes through Canada Post and said it was delivered on April 25th but I never got any confirmation from CRA that they received it even till now. Also we have a 4 year old son that my husband receives CCB for and this month, we got a notification that CRA wants us to pay them for the CCB amount back because we didn't give them my world income. What do I do from here? Wouldn't CRA know about my world income through my husband's tax return on the family net income?