+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tax Return for newcomer

Discussion in 'Canadian Finance and Taxation' started by canadakz, Aug 7, 2019.

  1. Hello everyone,

    We are Canadian PRs. Landed on 23rd of July in Alberta. We want to apply for benefits, could you please help us with the following:

    1. How to apply for Alberta Child Benefit and Alberta Family Employment Tax credit?
    The government says that one is automatically considered for these benefits when one submits tax return and if one already receives Canada Child Benefit (CCB).
    As far as I understand, we don't need to submit tax return for 2018, so if we apply to CCB, will we be able to receive Alberta benefits?

    2. Form RC66 for CCB requires supporting documents:
    -if the child started living with you more than 11 months ago, you need to provide proof that you were the person, who is primary responsible for the care of child.
    Does it apply to all parents, or only for those, who are divorced or separated?

Share This Page