+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TAX QUESTIONS

Xkorea

Jan 8, 2015
Situation:
I am a Temporary Foreign Worker who worked in Canada from January 2015 to August 2015 and left Canada on August 2015. Now I will file my income tax return here in my country. In one of the forms, "Income Tax and Benefit Return" T1 General 2015, what should I fill up in the "mailing address"? Should I write my address in Canada before or my current address in my home country?
It also says, " Enter your province or territory of residence on December 31, 2015, should I write Alberta? or my home country? I was already out of Canada last December 31, 2015 because I left Canada last August 2015.

At line 448 of "Income Tax and Benefit Return", how should I compute the CPP overpayment (enter your excess contributions)? In my T4, it only says CPP contributions.

I have several money remittances I sent for my wife outside Canada when I was still in Canada... what particular form should I use to write the total amount of my remittance and in what line within that tax form?

How should I claim my tax refund using direct deposit? In the direct deposit form, it only assumed that the deposit will be in Canadian Bank. It doesn't contain swift code and routing number as to what happen when you transfer money to a particular bank abroad. I don't have bank account in Canada anymore.

Where should I send my completed tax forms? Should I send it to my previous tax centre which is Winnipeg Tax Centre, the centre who processed my tax when I was still in Alberta or to International Tax Centre?

Money Mart can only process tax with the personal appearance of the person who owns the T4.

Thanks to whoever will reply on these questions.