+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tax on Property money

Immi52

Jul 11, 2012
Can any expert advise me please, I have sold a property back at my native country recently and wired all the money in my USD account in RBC, I have declared this property at the time of landing about 2 years back but they did not put any stamp on the page. My queries are,

1) I made some profit, do I need to pay capital gain tax-if yes, how much
2) What sort of documents Canadian authority need to establish the profit as is almost all the cases in my native country, people depreciates the price inorder to give minimum taxes to the government.
3) I have filled 2 x tax returns in last 2 years but did not mentioned this property, is it an offense?, if yes what shall I do?

Please share your experiences.

Warm regards

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
Immi52 said:
Can any expert advise me please, I have sold a property back at my native country recently and wired all the money in my USD account in RBC, I have declared this property at the time of landing about 2 years back but they did not put any stamp on the page. My queries are,

1) I made some profit, do I need to pay capital gain tax-if yes, how much
2) What sort of documents Canadian authority need to establish the profit as is almost all the cases in my native country, people depreciates the price inorder to give minimum taxes to the government.
3) I have filled 2 x tax returns in last 2 years but did not mentioned this property, is it an offense?, if yes what shall I do?

Please share your experiences.

Warm regards
for the first 3 years from PR no need to pay any taxes from outside property or bringing dollars to canada.

Immi52

Jul 11, 2012
Thanks a lot, Nekeol---Can you please share some document or a link which states the same, just want to make sure

Regards