+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tax on income from outside canada

snow_bellus

Aug 4, 2019
I came to Canada as international student, received my post graduate work permit which is valid till 2022. Now i want to leave Canada as i have got a job offer in some other country. Can anyone help me with the ruling of taxation for my case? I have spend more than 183 days this year in canada so i guess i will be liable to tax for this year. Does this mean for my dec salary outside Canada i will have to pay tax in both countries?
I dont have any significant ties in canada like house, car but i have a bank account and provincial health care card.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I came to Canada as international student, received my post graduate work permit which is valid till 2022. Now i want to leave Canada as i have got a job offer in some other country. Can anyone help me with the ruling of taxation for my case? I have spend more than 183 days this year in canada so i guess i will be liable to tax for this year. Does this mean for my dec salary outside Canada i will have to pay tax in both countries?
I dont have any significant ties in canada like house, car but i have a bank account and provincial health care card.
Any income earned after you cease residing in Canada is not taxable in Canada. You need to inform the province that you are moving out of the country so that your health coverage can be cancelled.