+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tax etc..... Question

tashford

May 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have done a short landing in canada, and whilst I was there I sent of for my PR card, my driving licence, health insurance card and opened my bank account and credit card.

I am currently not in Canada and won't be for at least several months. Do I have to pay any tax of anything if I am not in Canada and do I have to inform anybody that I am not in Canada, i.e. revenue Canada.

I would really appreciate your help

Much appreciated

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
tashford said:
I have done a short landing in canada, and whilst I was there I sent of for my PR card, my driving licence, health insurance card and opened my bank account and credit card.

I am currently not in Canada and won't be for at least several months. Do I have to pay any tax of anything if I am not in Canada and do I have to inform anybody that I am not in Canada, i.e. revenue Canada.

I would really appreciate your help

Much appreciated
This was already answered in another section. In effect, by getting a drivers license, health card, etc., you have established residential ties to Canada and could be viewed as a resident for tax purposes by the CRA. If that is the case, then all of your global income is taxable from the date of your landing.