+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tax credit for sending money to family overseas

LoveCanada007

Oct 5, 2017
Hi,

I realize the tax season is quite far, but I couldn't wait. I looked around the internet and found mixed answers.

Am I eligible to claim tax credit for the money I send to my family in my home country(India)? if yes, is there a limit on how much I can send, or how much I can Claim for the tax credit?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I realize the tax season is quite far, but I couldn't wait. I looked around the internet and found mixed answers.

Am I eligible to claim tax credit for the money I send to my family in my home country(India)? if yes, is there a limit on how much I can send, or how much I can Claim for the tax credit?
No credit. You are helping your family. That is personal choice.

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Hi,

As previously mentioned, there is no tax credit. There is also no limit on the amount you can send. The remittance provider may limit the amount in a single transaction, but the govt. doesn't impose any maximums.

Reactions: scylla

jatt-going-canada

Jan 27, 2012
B.C
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
august 2007
Doc's Request.
jan 2011
Med's Request
jan 2012
Med's Done....
jan 2012
Interview........
nope
Passport Req..
jan 2012 along with medicals
VISA ISSUED...
october 30 2012
LANDED..........
nov 16 2012 :D
Why the hell would canadian government give you tax credit for sending money overseas? I dont understand how you even thought of this lol

Reactions: torontosm