+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Talked to a lawyer regarding next EE cut off

Singalingali

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Drzues said:
I just talked to a very famous immigration lawyer regarding next EE cut off, i was getting very conscious about what will happen next that I literally paid this guy for immigration counseling. So what he said that they have news coming out that the first draw was just for LMIA/ sponsored people and it was also job/ position based. next cut off will be for people with out the LMIA or hence people with PGWP/ CEC. Lawyer said they have to accommodate more people than previous years, so eventually you all should calm down, cut off will get as low as 327 in next month as according to the calculated data.
Beware of anybody who requires that you pay them a fee especially some of these representatives. Only very few of them are honest. When I didn't get drawn in the first draw, I panicked and contacted her again(I had earlier on abandoned her as soon as I realised she was up to no good even though I had paid her before).
She told me that one of her clients got ITA with 1100 points. I asked how she did it for her client but she simply said it was her Job and that I should leave it to her. I then asked if her client had LMIA or PNP(Apparently, she wasn't really familiar with the terms "LMIA" and"PNP" and wasn't aware that these are the the only ways an applicant can score up to 1000) and she said no. I then pressed her further as to how her client was able to get the 600 points necessary to get that score and she again waived off my question by saying it was her job. I think I was better informed than her.

Bottom line is some of these agents (not all) will say anything to make you part with your hard-earned sweat-dripping money. Fact is that any agent promising or guaranteeing you a job with LMIA is probably lying. All the information you need is out there on the internet. If you can read, then you can protect yourself from some of these fraudsters. I scored 8.5 in my IELTS reading test, so why should I let any moron deceive me?

Anyway on a lighter note, I hope that the Requied rank goes down to below 500(i.e.singles without LMIA) in the very next draw. This is because I have all the money required now. I have been working towards this for over a year now. I don't want it to linger on and on so that I don't begin to lose hope and divert the funds to other ventures. I am ready. Canada please invite me.

good_choice

Jan 31, 2015
Phil89 said:
haha you are prob not in Canada cause if you were, you wouldn't be so sure about job bank and matching employers. This is nonsense and may work for very few people. CIC are idiots in this respect. I've been living here for 5 years and 100% sure that no employers are going to sponsor people from abroad they have never seen before and wait another half a year for them to come to Canada. This is like a joke. It's not that easy to find a decent job within Canada.
Lmao, you are a funny chap ;D
+1 to you

Ivan.Galv

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
april2014_AINP said:
Has anybody seen this:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/rounds.asp?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=short-url&utm_campaign=express-entry

In the end it says, "This round of invitations included Express Entry candidates from the Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program, Canadian Experience Class and Provincial Nominee Program."

What do they mean by included EE candidates from PNP? I thought provinces are not confirming previous nominations. And, how could anyone would have got nomination under EE stream of any province so soon?
Once a year every province can exchange their paper ungiven nominations to "enhanced nominations". For example, some provinces like Alberta have 5500 classic paper nominations, they can choose to exchange 2000 to enhanced, or 3000, or 500.
These enhanced nominations can be granted inside EE pool.

Another way to use EE - to grant a classic papre nomination by EE stream and later confirm the nomination in EE.
both ways works in 2015.

MedZed

Jun 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ivan.Galv said:
My information that real starting ID was something like 218000.
You don't need to think that it was 200k and increased to 218k in no time. Just set 218k as starting point.
we have already discussed this matter here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/why-are-there-so-few-people-in-the-spreadsheet-t268439.0.html

There are some applicants who their number starts with E000217XXX .

asdfg942

Aug 22, 2013
Although job offers supported by an LMIA accumulate 600 points towards the maximum 1200 within the CRS, CIC has indicated repeatedly that they anticipate drawing individuals with high human capital and no LMIA in the beginning draws.
[/quote]

reference pls?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
asdfg942 said:
Although job offers supported by an LMIA accumulate 600 points towards the maximum 1200 within the CRS, CIC has indicated repeatedly that they anticipate drawing individuals with high human capital and no LMIA in the beginning draws.

reference pls?
Tele-conference EE in December

hope for the best

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
unknown
NOC Code......
6XXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
boske83 said:
I agree with curious...

No way it will ever fall down to 320, in my opinion... new people will gain more experience, and will decide to immigrate, so there will be standard flow of potential immigrants...

However, inviting people with 750, or even 886 is silly... that means 286 ONLY in Human capital, which is in my opinion very low...

Regarding FSW - CIC still has a backlog from last year, and I do not expect they will draw FSW before april... :(
Sorry but you were wrong about that ... cos I got ITA from the first draw and they put me under FSW category so what I can tell you is there are already FSW involved at the first draw.

hope for the best

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
unknown
NOC Code......
6XXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
april2014_AINP said:
Has anybody seen this:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/rounds.asp?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=short-url&utm_campaign=express-entry

In the end it says, "This round of invitations included Express Entry candidates from the Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program, Canadian Experience Class and Provincial Nominee Program."

What do they mean by included EE candidates from PNP? I thought provinces are not confirming previous nominations. And, how could anyone would have got nomination under EE stream of any province so soon?
Well there are some provinces who have worked with CIC to get some numbers for their nomination to be qualified to apply EE after got nominated. Unfortunately Alberta does not do a thing about it so if you have applied for AINP then there is no benefit for you to apply EE after you got nomination from AINP

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Its good news to hear that cutoff will drop down to something around 380.

You made my day bro... Cheers :)

april2014_AINP

May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hope for the best said:
Well there are some provinces who have worked with CIC to get some numbers for their nomination to be qualified to apply EE after got nominated. Unfortunately Alberta does not do a thing about it so if you have applied for AINP then there is no benefit for you to apply EE after you got nomination from AINP
Ya, I know... I have ainp nomination, but ainp refused to confirm it for my EE profile... It's good some provinces have confirmed theirs :|

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

MONKUCHA said:
Yes but CEC is mostly PGWP holders and CEC quota was reached in October. They cannot leave all international students with open work permits after graduation without a way of getting PR. And we all know that not many employers want to apply for LIMA. They prefer hire PGWP holder only for 3 years than go through LIMA process.

If CIC won't do anything for International students the media will eat Immigration services for a breakfast. They have bad reputation already but it will be even worst without any solution. All "top" countries have an option for IS so Canada has to do something as well.
1. Why would the press care? They came to Canada supposedly to get an education, which was delivered. They received a TEMPORARY work permit. There were no guarantees that they would receive PR status.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
PMM said:
Hi

1. Why would the press care? They came to Canada supposedly to get an education, which was delivered. They received a TEMPORARY work permit. There were no guarantees that they would receive PR status.
The question lies on CIC advertised PGWP as a easy way for student who wants to stay to get PR thru CEC. Schools followed by advertise their studies would lead to PR. And now all of a sudden, CIC is closing that path. Of course they can do that, CIC had a long history of screwing up people's plan. But you can't blame the frustration and lack of transparency.

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hope for the best said:
Sorry but you were wrong about that ... cos I got ITA from the first draw and they put me under FSW category so what I can tell you is there are already FSW involved at the first draw.
Well, if you are outside of Canada, I think you are one of the rare persons that are able to get LMIA-based job offer in NOC 0, A or B... I am glad I can see it is possible, and I really hope everything with your PR will go smooth... :)