+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Taking too long for the visa to come!!

abhineetarora

Sep 24, 2014
Hi all,
I have gotten admission in Royal Roads University and had applied for student visa on 11th march from Mumbai, India. When I applied for the visa, i checked the visa processing time and it was 3 weeks but now its close to 5 weeks and I am getting worried why is it taking such long time. Also, my course starts on 2nd May 2016. RRU told me that I can do the orientation online which is of 2 weeks.
Any idea why would they be taking so much time from their side to get the visa update?
Do I need to apply for the visa again for Sept 2016 intake if I miss out on the May 2016?

Please reply, I m really worried.

Regards
Abhineet

rajwinder58

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
abhineetarora said:
Hi all,
I have gotten admission in Royal Roads University and had applied for student visa on 11th march from Mumbai, India. When I applied for the visa, i checked the visa processing time and it was 3 weeks but now its close to 5 weeks and I am getting worried why is it taking such long time. Also, my course starts on 2nd May 2016. RRU told me that I can do the orientation online which is of 2 weeks.
Any idea why would they be taking so much time from their side to get the visa update?
Do I need to apply for the visa again for Sept 2016 intake if I miss out on the May 2016?

Please reply, I m really worried.

Regards
Abhineet
Wait for one more week.. U will get it in the following week..

U applied online or offline?? If offline which vfs???

saish40

Apr 17, 2016
I also applied on same date,but i got visa on 15.wait youll get or else call vfs and ask for email id of the place where your document is being processed,write them an email and ull get answer in 48 hours

abhineetarora

Sep 24, 2014
Hi, i just gt an update abt the visa. They want me to submit some additional docs. Embassy has sent a sealed envelope to VFS mumbai where i would need to go to collect the envelope.

Does anyone have any idea which docs might have been required to be submitted.
Has this happened with someone before.

Abhineet Arora

dbf1

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
By the Grace of God
How did you get the update ? Were you mailed or called ?
Quickly visit the VFS and attend to what is needed ASAP
abhineetarora said:
Hi, i just gt an update abt the visa. They want me to submit some additional docs. Embassy has sent a sealed envelope to VFS mumbai where i would need to go to collect the envelope.

Does anyone have any idea which docs might have been required to be submitted.
Has this happened with someone before.

Abhineet Arora

abhineetarora

Sep 24, 2014
dbf1 said:
How did you get the update ? Were you mailed or called ?
Quickly visit the VFS and attend to what is needed ASAP
Hi, i got an email and an sms abt this. I immediately called VFS office where they told me abt the sealed envelope and how i need to call them to confirm before leaving tomorrow to collect the envelope. They said they dont have the details abt which docs are being requested to be submitted and i will only come to know when i open up the envelope.

my course is starting on 2nd May, i m freaking out here big time!
Abhineet Arora

dbf1

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
By the Grace of God
Oh yes, that's true. Don't freak out. That is actually good news. If it was bad, they would have denied you already but now they are asking for additional requirements. Did you go upfront medicals ?
abhineetarora said:
Hi, i got an email and an sms abt this. I immediately called VFS office where they told me abt the sealed envelope and how i need to call them to confirm before leaving tomorrow to collect the envelope. They said they dont have the details abt which docs are being requested to be submitted and i will only come to know when i open up the envelope.

my course is starting on 2nd May, i m freaking out here big time!
Abhineet Arora

abhineetarora

Sep 24, 2014
dbf1 said:
Oh yes, that's true. Don't freak out. That is actually good news. If it was bad, they would have denied you already but now they are asking for additional requirements. Did you go upfront medicals ?
Yes I had my medicals done from CDC,mumbai before i applied for visa.... CDC ppl never contacted me abt any issue if came up when the medical reports , so i think we are good there but who knows they want some additional test reports to be submitted.

Abhineet

abhineetarora

Sep 24, 2014
Hi frnz,
my visa status got changed to " Dear Applicant/Cher(e) Client(e),

We would like to inform you that your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office, on 19 Apr 2016 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.

Does that mean the visa has been approved or not?
I hope it is approved but what do u think as per your experiences?

Abhineet

dbf1

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
By the Grace of God
It means that a decision has been made and you'll only know this when your passport is delivered. You'll get a call from VFS or an sms as to when your passport is ready for pickup.
abhineetarora said:
Hi frnz,
my visa status got changed to " Dear Applicant/Cher(e) Client(e),

We would like to inform you that your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office, on 19 Apr 2016 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.

Does that mean the visa has been approved or not?
I hope it is approved but what do u think as per your experiences?

Abhineet

abhineetarora

Sep 24, 2014
dbf1 said:
It means that a decision has been made and you'll only know this when your passport is delivered. You'll get a call from VFS or an sms as to when your passport is ready for pickup.
Hey, i called VFS. they told me that u do need to submit some additional docs. Please give a call after 3 hours or so to confirm if the envelope is ready for pickup...
Dont know which docs they want!

Abhineet

dbf1

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
By the Grace of God
They need additional documents then.
abhineetarora said:
Hey, i called VFS. they told me that u do need to submit some additional docs. Please give a call after 3 hours or so to confirm if the envelope is ready for pickup...
Dont know which docs they want!

Abhineet