+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Taking Live-in on vacation

jzk75

Feb 18, 2010
I want to take my Live-in care-giver on vacation to Mexico. Her work permit is valid but I am wondering if she has to get a visa from the Canadian embassy in Mexico to re-enter Canada. Is that how it works? She has a US tourist visa already and I don't think she has to get anything to come back from the US, but what about Mexico?
Thanks

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
jzk75 said:
I want to take my Live-in care-giver on vacation to Mexico. Her work permit is valid but I am wondering if she has to get a visa from the Canadian embassy in Mexico to re-enter Canada. Is that how it works? She has a US tourist visa already and I don't think she has to get anything to come back from the US, but what about Mexico?
Thanks
You can if her TRV (visa stamped on passport) is multiple.

jzk75

Feb 18, 2010
Thanks - I'll have to check. In advance of that what if it she does not have that stamped? What do I do then? I know when she goes home to the Philippines she has to get she has to send everything to the Canadian Embassy to get a Visa to go back into Canada.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
jzk75 said:
Thanks - I'll have to check. In advance of that what if it she does not have that stamped? What do I do then? I know when she goes home to the Philippines she has to get she has to send everything to the Canadian Embassy to get a Visa to go back into Canada.
Apply for a visa either to Buffalo or Seattle or whichever Canadian visa office closest to you.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/visa_temp.aspx?lang=eng#REQUIREMENTSALL

dben

Star Member
May 29, 2009
My caregiver just received his caregiver work permit extension and it says on there that he is not allowed to come back into Canada if he leaves the country.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
dben said:
My caregiver just received his caregiver work permit extension and it says on there that he is not allowed to come back into Canada if he leaves the country.
The work permit always says "This does not authorize re-entry". He needs a valid TRV (visa stamped on the passport) with the work permit to be able to enter Canada again after his vacation.