+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Taking Dell Printer to Canada from USA

KHI

May 26, 2017
Hi,

I will be moving to Canada next month by road from USA, and planning to take my Dell printer with me. Does anybody know if there are any restrictions on exporting/importing used printers?

Thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi,

I will be moving to Canada next month by road from USA, and planning to take my Dell printer with me. Does anybody know if there are any restrictions on exporting/importing used printers?

Thanks
If it's "settler's" goods, it's unlikely to be a problem. Under what circumstances are you "moving" to Canada?

KHI

May 26, 2017
Thanks for your response. I will go to Canada on a Study Permit for PhD studies.

milon45

Star Member
Jul 10, 2023
Hi,

I will be moving to Canada next month by road from the USA, and planning to take my Dell printer with me. Does anybody know if there are any restrictions on exporting/importing used printers shipping labels?

Thanks
There are generally no restrictions on exporting/importing used printers for personal use when moving from the USA to Canada. However, it's advisable to check with both US and Canadian customs regulations to ensure compliance. Make sure to have documentation for the printer and be prepared to declare it at the border. Also, consider voltage compatibility with Canadian electrical standards.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
There are generally no restrictions on exporting/importing used printers for personal use when moving from the USA to Canada. However, it's advisable to check with both US and Canadian customs regulations to ensure compliance. Make sure to have documentation for the printer and be prepared to declare it at the border. Also, consider voltage compatibility with Canadian electrical standards.
I got this