+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Taking Continuing Education Courses waiting for PR?

TheHaiderRaja

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
I am very interested in enrolling in a few courses at a local college. I am currently in Canada on a PGWP with a full time engineering job and a PR application in process. Am I allowed to enroll in courses while on a PGWP and waiting for PR?

These cooking/baking courses can lead to a certificate and/or diploma which I am not interested in at the moment. All I want to do is learn about sour dough bread. I asked the college and they directed me to the CIC website which has not been helpful. These courses are classified as a "Continuing Education courses".

Thanks,

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
It clearly mentions on your PGWP that you are not allowed to study. Be it Continuing Education courses or Full time study.

Now if it is part of your job and your company requires you to go to this training and they are paying for it, one way or another then that's a different story.

All the best,

TheHaiderRaja

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
It clearly mentions on your PGWP that you are not allowed to study. Be it Continuing Education courses or Full time study.

Now if it is part of your job and your company requires you to go to this training and they are paying for it, one way or another then that's a different story.

All the best,

My employer will pay for it as part of the benefits package but the course has no relation to my work. I only want to take it for recreation.