+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Take out a dependent child from the application while IN PROCESS????

josedavid

Sep 16, 2012
Hi:

My wife is sponsoring me and my 2 dependent children(who are older than 18 years old), My wife and I included in the inicial application my two dependent children, but now that the application is IN PROCESS in the Embassy of Canada in Mexico, one of my children told us that she now does not want to go to Canada and want to stay in her home country. ::)

Is it possible to request Immigration Canada to take her out the immmigration application because of the reasons, while the application is IN PROCESS??

I would apreciate any advices! Thanks

Harju

Star Member
Apr 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/09/2010
AOR Received.
25/10/2010
Passport Req..
02/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
28/11/2011
LANDED..........
31/12/2011
Let her get processed and if she doesn't want to come then her PR visa will expire. She should get processed, get her PR visa, land and return to her home country and not come back if she doesn't want to. At least then she is giving herself a choice.

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
the below reply is right, also what if she change her mind later in the process, so let it be.Once she get pr if she doesnt want to come then its her choice,she can have her pr and stay backhome and if ever she change her mind before her medical or pr expire she can always come here.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Agree with the above replies. Keep her in the application. She can get the visa, then use it or not. I would suggest she actually come to Canada with the PR visa and 'land'. She can then go back home - she does not have to live in Canada. But at least getting the visa and landing will give her some options: she might change her mind, or may decide she wants to go to school in Canada. The tuition charged a PR is a lot better than that charged a foreign student.

josedavid

Sep 16, 2012
Thank you all for your answers... I asked this question, because in case we are asked to attend an interview, what about if she says she does not want to go to Canada or other thing that could damage our application!!!! that's my main concern :S ...

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
josedavid said:
Thank you all for your answers... I asked this question, because in case we are asked to attend an interview, what about if she says she does not want to go to Canada or other thing that could damage our application!!!! that's my main concern :S ...
I'm not sure that children are required to attend interviews, and if they do, you can explain to her - she is still on the application but there is nothing forcing her to go to Canada. You can explain ( depending on how old she is but I assume that if she is old enough to decide that she doesn't want to go to Canada, she is old enough to understand) that she will get the PR with you but it doesn't mean that she has to go. If anything, she could do the landing with you, and then return to her country. AS a PR, for 5 years she could come and go to Canada, so in a way, it would be like getting her a "5 years visitor" visa.... if she changes her mind in the next few years, she could move to Canada with you and join, but it doesn't need to happen right away. And if she is sure that she wants to stay in her country, then the fact that she is not present physically in Canada will make her loose her status after a while, so she won't even have to do anything to give it away....
Good luck,
Sweden

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To build on Sweden's reply, note that if you decide to naturalize (after having been in Canada 3 years within a 4 year period) and your child is under 18 they can naturalize under your application without having lived in Canada themselves for 3 years:

Code:
You must be at least 18 years old to apply for Canadian citizenship.

To apply for citizenship for a child under 18, the following conditions must be met:

the person applying is the child’s parent, adoptive parent or legal guardian
    the child is a permanent resident, but does not need to have resided in Canada for three years; and
    one parent is already a Canadian citizen or is applying to become a citizen at the same time. This also applies to adoptive parents.
Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-eligibility.asp

josedavid

Sep 16, 2012
Thanks Sweden and OhCanadiana...

We received the AOR of the Embassy in Mexico, requesting the police certificates for me and my dependents (both are 21 years old) ...after that we hope to have the interview waived and get PPR :) God willing!