+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

T4 employers name is wrong,is it a problem ?

nat.abramovich

Apr 18, 2019
Guys , soon I will be applying for CEC express entry , and on my T4 employers name under” Employers name “ is G Broker where in reality companies name is G Brokers s and the end , can this be a probLet?

nat.abramovich

Apr 18, 2019
So the difference is "G Broker" versus "G Brokers"?
Yup ! Like if u go on google , or their name on all commercials is G brokers (its the franchise businesss) but on t4 it’s g broker .. so I guess it’s also wrong on their business payroll account number as well.
It’s importatn for me as I ll be applying for express entry soon! Please help :)

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
It's probably not going to be an issue at all. A lot of T4s have a character limit in the employer field which is smaller than a lot of employer names.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Yup ! Like if u go on google , or their name on all commercials is G brokers (its the franchise businesss) but on t4 it’s g broker .. so I guess it’s also wrong on their business payroll account number as well.
It’s importatn for me as I ll be applying for express entry soon! Please help :)
Depends if they did their T4's automated, where the name of the company was pulled automatically from their payroll account, or it was typed in manually by a person
It also depends if a company is incorporated or not . If it's incorporated, the CRA gets the name of the business exactly the way it was written from the province
Is the company G broker inc ? Ltd ?

nat.abramovich

Apr 18, 2019
Depends if they did their T4's automated, where the name of the company was pulled automatically from their payroll account, or it was typed in manually by a person
It also depends if a company is incorporated or not . If it's incorporated, the CRA gets the name of the business exactly the way it was written from the province
It’s branch of huge insurance company, I actually don’t know , so as long as it’s not the corporation, the mistake won’t affect the immigration process ,am I right ?

nat.abramovich

Apr 18, 2019
Sorry if I am asking too many questions but at last, my employer can do an amendment on t4 slip, not ?

nat.abramovich

Apr 18, 2019
For the name? I really wouldn't worry about this too much. The experience letter is also very important.
The experience is 100 % noc B ....but the fact company name is screwed up at t4 slip means that it was aLso inserted wrongly when their dumb accountant put the companies name when applying for payroll account number ...

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
The experience is 100 % noc B ....but the fact company name is screwed up at t4 slip means that it was aLso inserted wrongly when their dumb accountant put the companies name when applying for payroll account number ...
It's basically the same name and not an issue.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for your reply! Are you sure about it ? Because at other forms some told me that it can create problems as Officer will ask about the reasons of difference of the names
If it said Tim Hortons and the actual name was G Broker, yes, you'd have a problem. It's one letter and you have all of the other proofs of the job. It shouldn't be an issue.

If you are worried, ask for it to be reissued.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Sorry if I am asking too many questions but at last, my employer can do an amendment on t4 slip, not ?
The employer can do a T4 amendment but for that small of a issue , it would be more trouble & time then it’s worth
There won’t be a issue
If they do the amendment, then you as the receiver of the amended T4 has to send it it with a note for your tax filing
Once again, it’s not a issue, there’s bigger problems to worry about in life