+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

T13 work permit support

shodai

Jan 21, 2024
Hello

My PGWP is set to expire in March and just received a PNP nomination with no employer restriction.
If i apply for work permit extension with a T13 support letter, will i get a temporary WP-EXT except PGWP while i wait for the decision on the work permit extension?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello

My PGWP is set to expire in March and just received a PNP nomination with no employer restriction.
If i apply for work permit extension with a T13 support letter, will i get a temporary WP-EXT except PGWP while i wait for the decision on the work permit extension?
Yes if you already submitted PR application, you can apply for BOWP application. If you have no AOR and have employer restrictions on your nomination letter you have to apply for closed work permit application with help of your employer. When you submit WP application, you will get a letter which states you can continue to work under same conditions and under same employer until decision has been made on your application.

shodai

Jan 21, 2024
Thank you.
will the WP-EXT document have a specific date?
I plan to submit my PR application in May, as i want to use a single employer for my work experience.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thank you.
will the WP-EXT document have a specific date?
I plan to submit my PR application in May, as i want to use a single employer for my work experience.
After you apply online, we’ll send you a letter in your account (WP-EXT except PGWP) that you can use as proof that you’re authorized to keep working, if you’re eligible.

• You can print this letter or show it with your current work permit.
  • The letter is proof that you’re authorized to keep working under the same conditions as your original work permituntil we process your application.
    • You can keep working past the expiry date on the letter until we process your application if the conditions are the same as on your original work permit.
Why there’s an expiry date on the letter
Your letter automatically lists an expiry date that’s 180 days from the date we receive your application. The letter expires in 180 days because

• it’s the service standard to process this type of application
  • many employers and health insurance providers will ask for proof that you’re allowed to work
    • an expiry date helps satisfy their concerns about your status and authorization to work in Canada
If we don’t finalize your application by the date on your letter
If we don’t finalize your application by the date on your letter, you can still keep working until we make a decision.

If your employer or others need proof that you can continue to work

• you can show them this web page, or
  • if your employer is not satisfied with the information on this page, you can contact us

shodai

Jan 21, 2024
After you apply online, we’ll send you a letter in your account (WP-EXT except PGWP) that you can use as proof that you’re authorized to keep working, if you’re eligible.

• You can print this letter or show it with your current work permit.
  • The letter is proof that you’re authorized to keep working under the same conditions as your original work permituntil we process your application.
    • You can keep working past the expiry date on the letter until we process your application if the conditions are the same as on your original work permit.
Why there’s an expiry date on the letter
Your letter automatically lists an expiry date that’s 180 days from the date we receive your application. The letter expires in 180 days because

• it’s the service standard to process this type of application
  • many employers and health insurance providers will ask for proof that you’re allowed to work
    • an expiry date helps satisfy their concerns about your status and authorization to work in Canada
If we don’t finalize your application by the date on your letter
If we don’t finalize your application by the date on your letter, you can still keep working until we make a decision.

If your employer or others need proof that you can continue to work

• you can show them this web page, or
  • if your employer is not satisfied with the information on this page, you can contact us
Thank you for much for the clarity.

Also i wanted to confirm what to fill in the Imm form asking for lmia or lmia exempt number.

My pnp nomination is not employer restricted and my work permit support letter only has the T13 code.

What do i fill in for the lmia or lmia exempt number?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thank you for much for the clarity.

Also i wanted to confirm what to fill in the Imm form asking for lmia or lmia exempt number.

My pnp nomination is not employer restricted and my work permit support letter only has the T13 code.

What do i fill in for the lmia or lmia exempt number?
If you have AOR then you don’t need to fill anything there however if you don’t have AOR , your employer have to submit job offer in employer portal and pay $230 compliance fees and give you job number starting with A1233456789 . You have to fill that number there .

shodai

Jan 21, 2024
Thank you.

I have receive an ITA, but i’m thinking of waiting until May before submitting my application.
I want to submit a T13 application just to buy some time until May, so as to use one employer for PR.
Do you think i’ll get a decision on the T13 before May, 2024?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thank you.

I have receive an ITA, but i’m thinking of waiting until May before submitting my application.
I want to submit a T13 application just to buy some time until May, so as to use one employer for PR.
Do you think i’ll get a decision on the T13 before May, 2024?
Yes processing time is 3 months or less . It can come in 2 weeks or can come in 2 years. No accurate answer to this .
Work permit from inside Canada (initial and extension)

101 days