+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Syrian Refugees VS. RQ Processing times

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Personally, I don't mind my application being delayed for a few months it it means more resources are allocated to processes the cases of these refugees faster. After all, it doesn't matter if I'm a PR or a citizen, I'll be living in peace and comfort in Canada while they spend the winter in miserable conditions. Ideally, my application and theirs should be processed faster, but if I have to choose, I prefer to save some lives than to get what I want sooner. In my opinion, this is the Canadian way of doing things.

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
asaif said:
Personally, I don't mind my application being delayed for a few months it it means more resources are allocated to processes the cases of these refugees faster. After all, it doesn't matter if I'm a PR or a citizen, I'll be living in peace and comfort in Canada while they spend the winter in miserable conditions. Ideally, my application and theirs should be processed faster, but if I have to choose, I prefer to save some lives than to get what I want sooner. In my opinion, this is the Canadian way of doing things.
I couldn't say it better myself. Specially the last sentence. That's the true meaning of being a Canadian.

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asaif said:
A country cannot treat its own residents like garbage the refugees like kings. That does not hold water.

banrad

Star Member
May 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my view, it's pretty harsh to equate bringing in refugees who are a dire situation with a royal treatment, and a delay in citizenship processing with a grievance.

Although I see your pain and rightful frustration, try to understand the sorrows of the incoming refugees. This is neither about discrimination, nor about exerting ones rights or privileges. It's about being simply compassionate and giving priority to human beings over your own comfort.

ItkExpert said:
A country cannot treat its own residents like garbage the refugees like kings. That does not hold water.

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
banrad said:
In my view, it's pretty harsh to equate bringing in refugees who are a dire situation with a royal treatment, and a delay in citizenship processing with a grievance.

Although I see your pain and rightful frustration, try to understand the sorrows of the incoming refugees. This is neither about discrimination, nor about exerting ones rights or privileges. It's about being simply compassionate and giving priority to human beings over your own comfort.
I have much more sympathy for starving people in Africa who are suffering due to drought and other forces of nature. The whole Syrian thing is a bunch of people unable or unwilling to settle their disputes in a civilized manner and are therefore asking Canadians to pay the bill.

Rass

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If anyone wants to be a real Canadian
He/ she has to know that in Canada, rights come with responsibilities. These include:Taking responsibility for oneself and one’s family
Sth that is happening or belonging to others it's not even your business .
So, if you work in Canada ,paying tax and working outdoors you have to realize this element.
Find how to solve your problems without comparing your situation with others.
Or describing anything that is a kind of discrimination because each officer deals with each file from his/her point of view. He / She can do what ever It's correct and good for Canada.
If anyone is planning to live here , he wouldn't be upset about the time to get his/her Canadian citizenship!
A friend of mine applied in and took his test in 2012 , he got his Citizenship certificate a few months ago.
Everyone should care about himself and stop paying attention to others' business!
That's my point of view.

banrad

Star Member
May 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'd like to throw in another responsibility of a Canadian citizen, namely helping others in the community. This responsibility entails, for instance, helping people in need as well as encouraging newcomers to integrate.
So being Canadian is not only about caring about yourself.

Rass

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, that's it :)
If you care about yourself , community,others and the environment positively then post your experience that would help others to gain sth new.
While telling things that is not included what I mentioned above and creating negativity attitudes toward others and everything, it would be a kind of careless and selfish .

So its better to Take responsibility for oneself rather than watching others in a negative way
Its out of anyone's business

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This thread started off balanced but has become one sided. Looks like the refugee supporters are more persistent.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
ItkExpert said:
This thread started off balanced but has become one sided. Looks like the refugee supporters are more persistent.
The funny thing is, I was watching the news the other day which mentioned many Syrian refugees they interviewed in Europe actually did not want to take the offer to come to Canada, then the immigration minister told the TV reporter that if we have trouble getting enough people to come we would try harder to get as many people as we can ... That's just beyond ridiculous. Btw, it is just reported that the deficits in the next few years will be much greater than previously estimated, soon more people will have to worry about putting foods on their tables to feed their family and kids

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itsmyid said:
The funny thing is, I was watching the news the other day which mentioned many Syrian refugees they interviewed in Europe actually did not want to take the offer to come to Canada, then the immigration minister told the TV reporter that if we have trouble getting enough people to come we would try harder to get as many people as we can ... That's just beyond ridiculous. Btw, it is just reported that the deficits in the next few years will be much greater than previously estimated, soon more people will have to worry about putting foods on their tables to feed their family and kids
Canada has no economic future with this kind of policy where foreigners are favoured over residents and Canadian citizens.

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
ItkExpert said:
Canada has no economic future with this kind of policy where foreigners are favoured over residents and Canadian citizens.
Canadians who were in Canada before you came are also complaining that you were brought into the country while some of their problems were not yet solved by the Canadian government. Those canadians are arguing that Canada's economic problems should have been solved before Canada let you into the country. How do you feel about that?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
arambi said:
Canadians who were in Canada before you came are also complaining that you were brought into the country while some of their problems were not yet solved by the Canadian government. Those canadians are arguing that Canada's economic problems should have been solved before Canada let you into the country. How do you feel about that?
Well let's see, when we came to Canada did we get the government to pay for our travel and meals and housing and health insurance? Did we get to skip any language test to be qualified to apply? Did we get any special treatment to shorten the wait time? Did we continue to receive government money once we landed - well this is a trick question since we never received a penny to start with, the word "continue " doesn't really apply here - I don't know about any of you, but the answers for me are all "No"

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
itsmyid said:
Well let's see, when we came to Canada did we get the government to pay for our travel and meals and housing and health insurance? Did we get to skip any language test to be qualified to apply? Did we get any special treatment to shorten the wait time? Did we continue to receive government money once we landed - well this is a trick question since we never received a penny to start with, the word "continue " doesn't really apply here - I don't know about any of you, but the answers for me are all "No"
The question is not whether you received help or not. The question is: when you came to canada, some Canadians who were already here did not want you in canada for good and bad reasons (e.g . Why bring in newcomers when unemployment rate is not yet zero ... Meaning all foreigners like you should wait until all Canadians have the job they like before you can come into the country).

How would you feel if you have to wait for these reasons ? Where would you be today given such a wait?

You would probably not be living comfortably in canada to a point where you have the luxury to complain about some inconsequencial administrative delays

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
arambi said:
The question is not whether you received help or not. The question is: when you came to canada, some Canadians who were already here did not want you in canada for good and bad reasons (e.g . Why bring in newcomers when unemployment rate is not yet zero ... Meaning all foreigners like you should wait until all Canadians have the job they like before you can come into the country).

How would you feel if you have to wait for these reasons ? Where would you be today given such a wait?

You would probably not be living comfortably in canada to a point where you have the luxury to complain about some inconsequencial administrative delays
In that case I would simply not come, easy as that. I came with a work permit which by the way took 3 months to get approval, and the reason I got the job was this multinational company that couldn't find any qualified local candidates for nearly 6 months, so they had to recruit from outside the country. IF anybody has a problem with me being here as a foreigner, I would be more than happy to calmly show them my T4 and ask if they have paid as much taxes as I have.

And one more thing I just have to point out here for people like you who keep twisting the opinion of the OP: no, nobody is against refugees here, what people are complaining is the unfair treatment given by the government to tax-paying, hard-working residents - i thought people who passed the English exam for PR or citizenship should have no problem understanding that, maybe I was wrong