+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Syrian Refugees VS. RQ Processing times

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I got my citizenship few months ago after my case was in process for 3 years almost because of RQ delays. I am hearing the news these days about the tremendous effort being put in place by CIC official to bring 25,000 Syrian refugees by the end of February . I heard an interview with a CIC official saying that frantically they are working, and how many overtime hours they put in to meet the tight deadlines. I cannot but wonder on the stark contrast between CIC efficiency in handling Syrian refugees as opposed to the slugish ways in which the whole RQ backlog was handled. I wish I and many others in my position who were tax paying residents and were stuck in the backlogs , would have received the same efficient treatment as Syrian refugees which have not contributed anything to this country yet.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
ItkExpert said:
Hi Guys,

I got my citizenship few months ago after my case was in process for 3 years almost because of RQ delays. I am hearing the news these days about the tremendous effort being put in place by CIC official to bring 25,000 Syrian refugees by the end of February . I heard an interview with a CIC official saying that frantically they are working, and how many overtime hours they put in to meet the tight deadlines. I cannot but wonder on the stark contrast between CIC efficiency in handling Syrian refugees as opposed to the slugish ways in which the whole RQ backlog was handled. I wish I and many others in my position who were tax paying residents and were stuck in the backlogs , would have received the same efficient treatment as Syrian refugees which have not contributed anything to this country yet.
They will be contributing great campaign stories and potential votes for the next election, of course the current government will put a lot more efforts on their cases than yours.

leeneljane

Star Member
May 23, 2010
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2009
Med's Done....
June 12, 2010 follow up sent Aug. 21, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 3, sent oct. 7
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 19, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec. 28, 2010
ItkExpert said:
Hi Guys,

That's what I said to my son when we saw it on the news.

canadavasi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
ItkExpert said:
Hi Guys,

Great point, I am still waiting for a test invite after a pre-test RQ, it has been 14 months since I applied. The last few months have been spent waiting for the test invite, haven't taken any vacations either. It is disheartening to see this unfair treatment - many applicants who applied after me and got RQ are now done. Not sure how this all works!

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Completely agree, for last few years CIC agency on their political masters directives kept thousands of applicants for years on back burner.

CIC intentionally slog applicants for years. Probably all those affected candidates campaigned against the previous government.

CIC has band width to work and could have done far better in last 4 years but seems their political masters were holding them back.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Completely agree, for last few years CIC agency on their political masters directives kept thousands of applicants for years on back burner.

CIC intentionally slog applicants for years. Probably all those affected candidates campaigned against the previous government.

CIC has band width to work and could have done far better in last 4 years but seems their political masters were holding them back.
from 2011 to 2015 CIC has issued RQ reason was middle eastern stamps on their passports and waiting time was reached up to 48 months and now they are taking 48 hours to clear syrian files unbelievable how they became so efficient.

surgi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
Simply this is the difference between conservative and liberal governmentshould. Your previous government wanted deliberately to slow down and even prevent if they can any permanent resident to be granted citizenship. While liberals knows well to allow economy growth they have to welcome immigrants and grant citizenship. In fact it is an election game too. Each fight for voters in his own way!

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
surgi said:
Simply this is the difference between conservative and liberal governmentshould. Your previous government wanted deliberately to slow down and even prevent if they can any permanent resident to be granted citizenship. While liberals knows well to allow economy growth they have to welcome immigrants and grant citizenship. In fact it is an election game too. Each fight for voters in his own way!
Yeah right... Liberals make it much easier to bring in refugees and pay them to settle here, so they can score big political points. Once when they come back to process the tax-paying applicants's cases it will be back to the long line again

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
ItkExpert said:
Hi Guys,

There are many variables in this issue and your comparison is rather unfair.

First, there was a huge change in leadership and policies. We can start from there.

But also, you cannot forget the fact that in one side we have dying starving people running from war and death, with nothing but their clothes, stuck in a enemy hateful country (yes, Turkey hates Syria, in case you didn't realize), desperately trying to survive and start a decent life for them and their kids.
On the other side we have you, comfortably sitting in your canadian chair, typing from your canadian PC, with your canadian job, enjoying your canadian freedom and benefits and you canadian quality of life. With your PR card that gives you access to 99.99999% of all canadian citizens responsibilities and privileges.

So... yeah... perspective much?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Bigudi said:
There are many variables in this issue and your comparison is rather unfair.

First, there was a huge change in leadership and policies. We can start from there.

But also, you cannot forget the fact that in one side we have dying starving people running from war and death, with nothing but their clothes, stuck in a enemy hateful country (yes, Turkey hates Syria, in case you didn't realize), desperately trying to survive and start a decent life for them and their kids.
On the other side we have you, comfortably sitting in your canadian chair, typing from your canadian PC, with your canadian job, enjoying your canadian freedom and benefits and you canadian quality of life. With your PR card that gives you access to 99.99999% of all canadian citizens responsibilities and privileges.

So... yeah... perspective much?
Yeah and the money to bring them here are from those working their canadian jobs paying their ever-increasing canadian taxes but stil taking years to get any canadian progress from CIC with regard to their Canadian applications, which could be pushed back even further with even one missed/mistaken entry record, some perspective....

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
itsmyid said:
Yeah and the money to bring them here are from those working their canadian jobs paying their ever-increasing canadian taxes but stil taking years to get any canadian progress from CIC with regard to their Canadian applications, which could be pushed back even further with even one missed/mistaken entry record, some perspective....
As I said, have a little perspective. Maybe even a little humanity. I am proud that my taxes support such a great action from Canadian Government to literally save several thousands of lives. that's sense of community.

nope

Oct 3, 2015
This is an argument that I see everywhere -- why are the refugees getting help so quickly when there are Canadians living on the streets? Or waiting 3 years for their RQ to be processed to become citizens? Or unemployed? Or Canadian children who are hungry?

The argument is that it is OK to devote attention and resources to refugees once Canada is perfect. But Canada is never perfect -- and the people who say this are not fighting for it to become perfect. If the government spent $100,000,000 so that there were no Canadians living on the streets, waiting for citizenship, or without jobs, or hungry, they would complain.

Accepting refugees is part of the role of a responsible, stable government. It is done because their lives are literally in danger, their families are being destroyed. The Canadian state has many functions, and you are arguing that prompt refugee processing is not one of them, because you have an RQ. Is your RQ putting your life in danger, destroying your family? If not, please be quiet and quit whining.

Canada is willing to accept refugees, and it is also willing to accept immigrants -- not a lot of countries do. Try immigrating to Germany, or Sweden, or Poland . . . Or if you really want a challenge, try immigrating to Saudi Arabia or the UAE . . . It is the openness of Canada that let us come here, and it applies to refugees as well. I have seen very few things on this forum as pathetic as an immigrant to Canada complaining that refugees are being permitted to immigrate too.

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nope said:
This is an argument that I see everywhere -- why are the refugees getting help so quickly when there are Canadians living on the streets? Or waiting 3 years for their RQ to be processed to become citizens? Or unemployed? Or Canadian children who are hungry?

The argument is that it is OK to devote attention and resources to refugees once Canada is perfect. But Canada is never perfect -- and the people who say this are not fighting for it to become perfect. If the government spent $100,000,000 so that there were no Canadians living on the streets, waiting for citizenship, or without jobs, or hungry, they would complain.

Accepting refugees is part of the role of a responsible, stable government. It is done because their lives are literally in danger, their families are being destroyed. The Canadian state has many functions, and you are arguing that prompt refugee processing is not one of them, because you have an RQ. Is your RQ putting your life in danger, destroying your family? If not, please be quiet and quit whining.

Canada is willing to accept refugees, and it is also willing to accept immigrants -- not a lot of countries do. Try immigrating to Germany, or Sweden, or Poland . . . Or if you really want a challenge, try immigrating to Saudi Arabia or the UAE . . . It is the openness of Canada that let us come here, and it applies to refugees as well. I have seen very few things on this forum as pathetic as an immigrant to Canada complaining that refugees are being permitted to immigrate too.
You are diverting the issue. I am not asking whether Syrians refugees should be brought in or not. I simply asked not to be discriminated against for being a tax paying resident and not a Syrian refugee. If the government goes out of its way to help Syrian refugees and does the quite opposite for me, I am feeling discriminated against and I want to express my frustration.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
ItkExpert said:
You are diverting the issue. I am not asking whether Syrians refugees should be brought in or not. I simply asked not to be discriminated against for being a tax paying resident and not a Syrian refugee. If the government goes out of its way to help Syrian refugees and does the quite opposite for me, I am feeling discriminated against and I want to express my frustration.
Exactly! Without the working people paying tax, how is the government able to bring refugees in? Ironically those who are providing are not treated remotely equally as those waiting to be provided to

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
Listen... I understand your frustration. I really do.
It is a very unsettling position to be just waiting. And the lack of transparency at CIC processes are horrible and make all of it even worse.

But please try and understand the stat of emergency of these people. Try to put yourself in their shoes for a bit. They are in a life threatening position.

On the other hand, I'm guessing that under Liberals the CIC will be more agile, transparent and efficient. But the change will not take place overnight.