+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Syrian Refugee

harout_der

Star Member
Apr 22, 2015
Hi !

Please help me to this complicated case!

My Canadian relatives are more than happy to welcome me and give a hand if I want to settle there as refugee. But here is my case details:

I hold tow nationalities one of it is Syrian and another one let's say XYZ
I am out of Syria, living and working in UAE by my XYZ nationlity
I would like to submit to refugee program by my Syrian passport which I haven't used it for entering to UAE

So my question: could my application rejected as I have another nationality?

Thanks in advanced for your kind advice ;)

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
harout_der said:
Hi !

My Canadian relatives are more than happy to welcome me and give a hand if I want to settle there as refugee. But here is my case details:

I would like to submit to refugee program by my Syrian passport which I haven't used it for entering to UAE

yes as you are a national of XYZ country your refugee application may be turned down/refused for the reason that the XYZ country may be a safe place to live and where you can return/travel. so due to XYZ you technically cannot fall into a refugee category unless the XYZ is place where you cannot go.
and it doesn't matter which passport you are using right now rather its all about the situation in which you are.

hope it helps

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Agreed with the above. If you wish to immigrate to Canada, you should apply through one of Canada's economic immigration streams (e.g. federal skilled worker, provincial nominee). You don't meet the criteria of a refugee and should assume you will be refused if you apply.

If you still wish to try to apply as a refugee from outside of Canada, the first step is to be recognized as a refugee by UNHCR or another recognized referal organization.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
harout_der said:
Hi !

It is cases like this that make Canadians opposed to allowing refugees (particularly refugees of convenience) into our country. This guy is living safely in the UAE where his life is not in danger in any way. Further, he has a second citizenship to fall back on in the event that he ever has to leave the UAE. And yet he wants to bypass the regular immigration queues and move to Canada as a refugee, thereby taking up a spot from someone more deserving whose life may actually be in danger? Such an abuse of the system is outrageous.

Reactions: LanaLanski

syrian-g

Star Member
May 3, 2012
Dude, i just don't know what to say. Do you really think you are a refugee and need a protection ?!. For heaven sake, you live in UAE and have another citizenship, yet you want to use a system meant to help a genuine refugees. Because of this, many Canadians are against bringing in Syrian refugees.

Your name is Armenian, please learn that Syrians (including Armenian roots) with European's nationality will definitely not be considered a refugees.

If you want to reunite with your family in here, there are many other ways to do so.

oswaldz

Oct 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
to be filed
Passport Req..
27 November 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 November 2015
LANDED..........
15 December 2015
syrian-g said:
Dude, i just don't know what to say. Do you really think you are a refugee and need a protection ?!. For heaven sake, you live in UAE and have another citizenship, yet you want to use a system meant to help a genuine refugees. Because of this, many Canadians are against bringing in Syrian refugees.

Your name is Armenian, please learn that Syrians (including Armenian roots) with European's nationality will definitely not be considered a refugees.

If you want to reunite with your family in here, there are many other ways to do so.
I agree with you. Because of few people, who want to misuse something, whole community is blamed and genuine people who are already suffering, suffer more.

For god's sake pls wake up the human in you @harout_der. Rest you must be knowing your situation better than me

shreecharan

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc-MISSAUGA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2015
Doc's Request.
05-05-2016