+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Syrian mom and sister

memo1212

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
I applied for my Syrian mom and sister two years ago. at the time I only had a permanent residence. and both were rejected. based on: their travel history, and because they don't have any ties in Syria ( both are not married, neither do they have wealth in Syria).

I became a Canadian citizen about 8 months ago. I am thinking of reapplying for them.
what do you think? is their anything I can do to make their case stronger?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I applied for my Syrian mom and sister two years ago. at the time I only had a permanent residence. and both were rejected. based on: their travel history, and because they don't have any ties in Syria ( both are not married, neither do they have wealth in Syria).

I became a Canadian citizen about 8 months ago. I am thinking of reapplying for them.
what do you think? is their anything I can do to make their case stronger?
Unfortunately you becoming a Canadian citizen does not make the case stronger.

It's really their profile that needs to be strengthened. Are either of them working? Can they show any other ties?

memo1212

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
Unfortunately you becoming a Canadian citizen does not make the case stronger.

It's really their profile that needs to be strengthened. Are either of them working? Can they show any other ties?
scylla

I understand about my sister. she is just a sister.
but how can IRCC reject to bring the mom of a Canadian citizen? my mom is retired.
when I applied last time I asked for a 3 weeks visit and I said I will pay all the expenses. and I sent receipts of western union money transfer of me sending money to them every month in the last 4 years, 900 dollars a month to support them.

I wonder if I should say directly this time that my mom will not try to stay in Canada. I wonder if that would help.

Scylla. did you ever work in a Canadian embassy? you have a lot of knowledge.

memo1212

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
my mom will not come by herself and leave my sister.
my sister is 29 but she is weak, and had health problem last year. and she is dependent on mom. they must get the visa together.

memo1212

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
I mean she is healthy. but Syria is stupid. and my mom will not leave my sister there by herself.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
scylla

I understand about my sister. she is just a sister.
but how can IRCC reject to bring the mom of a Canadian citizen? my mom is retired.
when I applied last time I asked for a 3 weeks visit and I said I will pay all the expenses. and I sent receipts of western union money transfer of me sending money to them every month in the last 4 years, 900 dollars a month to support them.

I wonder if I should say directly this time that my mom will not try to stay in Canada. I wonder if that would help.

Scylla. did you ever work in a Canadian embassy? you have a lot of knowledge.
No - I don't work in a Canadian embassy. I'm a normal person like you.

It would increase your mother's chances of approval if she travels alone without your sister.

The reason why IRCC has rejected your mother is because she has low ties to her home country and doesn't have strong funds / savings. They are concerned she will try to remain in Canada long term if she comes here.

You can certainly try saying directly that your mother will not stay in Canada. However IRCC is really looking for more than just a letter. They are looking for proof of ties such as property ownership and assets. Having said that, nothing stopping you from reapplying.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
my mom will not come by herself and leave my sister.
my sister is 29 but she is weak, and had health problem last year. and she is dependent on mom. they must get the visa together.
I think it will be quite challenging to get their visas approved if their ties are weak. But again, you can certainly try again.

Good luck.

memo1212

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
No - I don't work in a Canadian embassy. I'm a normal person like you.

It would increase your mother's chances of approval if she travels alone without your sister.

The reason why IRCC has rejected your mother is because she has low ties to her home country and doesn't have strong funds / savings. They are concerned she will try to remain in Canada long term if she comes here.

You can certainly try saying directly that your mother will not stay in Canada. However IRCC is really looking for more than just a letter. They are looking for proof of ties such as property ownership and assets. Having said that, nothing stopping you from reapplying.

mom and sister inherited lands from dad and they have two apartments. I will get them to translate the contracts into English. would that help?

memo1212

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
I have a feeling that I should not declare that my mom is not staying in Canada. I mean, it's better to not sound desperate, it's better to sound like we don't care if she gets it or not.

memo1212

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
I regret that I told them about me supporting my family back home in my last visa application. it was non of their business, and I kind of gave them power over my personal stuff. they treat people in a disgusting manner.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
mom and sister inherited lands from dad and they have two apartments. I will get them to translate the contracts into English. would that help?
Yes - that will help.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I regret that I told them about me supporting my family back home in my last visa application. it was non of their business, and I kind of gave them power over my personal stuff. they treat people in a disgusting manner.
Your mother needed to provide proof of savings and if she is not working it would become clear that someone is sending her money. IRCC is just doing their job by refusing people where there are good chances of people not returning home. Once in Canada it is a very long and expensive process to remove someone. If your sister wasn’t accompanying your mother her chances of approval would be better.

memo1212

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
Your mother needed to provide proof of savings and if she is not working it would become clear that someone is sending her money. IRCC is just doing their job by refusing people where there are good chances of people not returning home. Once in Canada it is a very long and expensive process to remove someone. If your sister wasn’t accompanying your mother her chances of approval would be better.
they could reject my sister only and give the visa to my mom, my sister is not dependent on her, she is 29 years old.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
they could reject my sister only and give the visa to my mom, my sister is not dependent on her, she is 29 years old.
Applying together doesn’t give your mother some ties to her home country. Because your sister is an adult it isn’t as good as having a dependent child in your home country but if your mother was the only person to apply for a TRV and one of the ties is your sister, who is living together and who is unmarried, she would create at least some ties. IRCC is aware that in many cultures a single unmarried woman wouldn’t be able to live alone.

memo1212

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
Applying together doesn’t give your mother some ties to her home country. Because your sister is an adult it isn’t as good as having a dependent child in your home country but if your mother was the only person to apply for a TRV and one of the ties is your sister, who is living together and who is unmarried, she would create at least some ties. IRCC is aware that in many cultures a single unmarried woman wouldn’t be able to live alone.
IRCC urgently processed a passport for me to go to Syria when my sister was very sick 8 months ago, in One day. they were very generous with me. so I really feel very grateful for them.

I don't know how to help my mom and sister. I wish if they were here. I am unable to bring them here. half of my heart is in Canada and the other half is in Syria. I must do things to bring both of them here. so I can live a normal life.