+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Syrian family living in the US seeking help to move to Canada as refugee

SEEKING_PEACE

Apr 12, 2017
Western countries
That summarize it all. What you are trying to achieve is not real asylum request but rather then economic immigration (with the related country shopping).
As it was said before, your family history does point to all that.
Why not to check if you could qualify under some economics programs to immigrate in one of those countries you want to go to.

Refugee system was never intended for the economics immigrants.
I disagree with you, I'm not seeking asylum with the intention of better economical situation. Like I pointed before I am feared of terminating my work contract and be sent back to Syria. I accepted risking my life to prevent my family of being sent back to Syria. If I was seeking economical settlement I would stay here in the UAE, I can easily establish a business but again regardless of having a business or being employed the issue still remains "there is no certainty of continuing to live here"

SEEKING_PEACE

Apr 12, 2017
Although we all understand your situation what you are presenting and what you are saying are different. You say your priority is having your whole family together but you are in the UAE and your son is in Eastern Europe and will unlikely be able to join you if he wants to be a physician and then the rest of your family is in Canada. You say you can't separate your family but that is what you are currently doing. You have to remember that asylum is granted when there are no other options at that very moment and you fear persecution at that moment. Unfortunately you may have not have consulted with a lawyer before making your plans and misunderstood Canada's asylum program. You also need to do some basic research about Canada. The pension you will receive after not or barely working in Canada will be quite minimal. Unfortunately we have many Canadian seniors who live in poverty. As I said previously at the moment only your 19 year old son has grounds for asylum. I do wish you the best but the asylum process is not easy.
Yes, my priority is to have all my family living all together; but the situation is forcing me to accept minimal damage which is to have my eldest son be apart from us and hope that with his specialization he may be granted a citizenship ant at least get to visit us in the future.

You're stating that asylum is granted when a person is having no option; it's true that I'm currently in the UAE but again if my contract is terminated, which may happen any moment, I will be sent back to Syria and it did happen so many times. If you where in my situation would you wait until this happen or try to seek options.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, my priority is to have all my family living all together; but the situation is forcing me to accept minimal damage which is to have my eldest son be apart from us and hope that with his specialization he may be granted a citizenship ant at least get to visit us in the future.

You're stating that asylum is granted when a person is having no option; it's true that I'm currently in the UAE but again if my contract is terminated, which may happen any moment, I will be sent back to Syria and it did happen so many times. If you where in my situation would you wait until this happen or try to seek options.
Unfortunately to be able to claim asylum you can't have other options. It is not a situation where you can preplan. That is why your family was rejected.

The comment that you are willing to settle in a western country is what people object to. If it is a situation where safety is your number one issue. Any country where you can have a decent safe life should be an option.

Reactions: SEEKING_PEACE

SEEKING_PEACE

Apr 12, 2017
Unfortunately to be able to claim asylum you can't have other options. It is not a situation where you can preplan. That is why your family was rejected.

The comment that you are willing to settle in a western country is what people object to. If it is a situation where safety is your number one issue. Any country where you can have a decent safe life should be an option.
I appreciate your input and information.

SEEKING_PEACE

Apr 12, 2017
One thing I would like to query; given the current situation of my family and I do I have an option of migrating as an investor and if yes what is required.
Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
One thing I would like to query; given the current situation of my family and I do I have an option of migrating as an investor and if yes what is required.
Thanks
The Federal investor immigration program was closed some time ago. You'll have to look into the Provincial Nominee Program investor immigration programs to see what the requirements are (they are different for each province). I know that for Ontario, you must be willing to invest at least $500K into starting a business in Ontario and your net worth must be at least $800K.

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPENTREPRENEUR_ABOUT.html

Reactions: SEEKING_PEACE