+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sydney PVO Join Here!!

dimplesimple

Star Member
Mar 22, 2023
also whoever security in progress does it explicitly say in progress in notes? i heard for security it will always be not started (while in progress) and blank when completed.

Ojeras

Star Member
Nov 2, 2022
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
18-02-2023
May I know if all the people who are stuck in security check are Chinese? Are we guilty just because of our nationality??????? Isn't a stereotype?

xueshen0607

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
i applied for gcms from cbsa on Jun 6th and still waiting. can i apply for apply for another one while waiting? just wanted to apply now to see if i have any latest updates
I think you can try other sources. Like CBSA, CSIS, IRCC.. you could order notes from all these.. and if your security check truly hasn't started, it will show not started in notes.. otherwise "in progress" or blank

xueshen0607

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
+ Iran.
Highly likely true.
holy.. before my submission of EE application, I like Canada so much.. most people are friendly and nice here. I thought this is a country where my family want to retire and spend the rest of life. However, IRCC sucks and has ruined our love for this country

Reactions: Ojeras

Ojeras

Star Member
Nov 2, 2022
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
18-02-2023
holy.. before my submission of EE application, I like Canada so much.. most people are friendly and nice here. I thought this is a country where my family want to retire and spend the rest of life. However, IRCC sucks and has ruined our love for this country
same here.

RaccoonS

Apr 6, 2023
Oh no my friends, I don't think that it depends on nationality. I know many colleagues from China or even Russia who received their approves in 3-4 months. But their applications were in Kitchener or Montreal, and Etobicoke. I am sure that it is because of the VO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daria13

xueshen0607

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
Oh no my friends, I don't think that it depends on nationality. I know many colleagues from China or even Russia who received their approves in 3-4 months. But their applications were in Kitchener or Montreal, and Etobicoke. I am sure that it is because of the VO.
Thanks my friend. So do you think this is a standard process for Sydney to conduct Comprehensive Security Check on everyone?

RaccoonS

Apr 6, 2023
Thanks my friend. So do you think this is a standard process for Sydney to conduct Comprehensive Security Check on everyone?
I don't even think we're all on a comprehensive security check. but I also saw people who received their PPR through the mandamus process, and their PVO was also Sydney, and there wasn’t a comprehensive check. I can't understand what is going on. Are IRCC employees really not responsible if they simply slow down applications for no reason?

xueshen0607

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
I don't even think we're all on a comprehensive security check. but I also saw people who received their PPR through the mandamus process, and their PVO was also Sydney, and there wasn’t a comprehensive check. I can't understand what is going on. Are IRCC employees really not responsible if they simply slow down applications for no reason?
I seeked MP's help 4 days after my security check started. They replied to me yesterday saying I am under a Comprehensive Security Check.

TBH, at first I don't even believe MP's office is able to know my SC is comprehensive or not since it only started within one week.. They may just want me to wait patiently so they told me that is comprehensive check and will take longer. But later I started to think about what if that's true, what should I do?

Some lucky guys in this forum with Sydney have got portal email (although not many), so I think this security check is not applicable to everyone.. But it's only my guess

• Sad
Reactions: RaccoonS