+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sydney PVO Join Here!!

xueshen0607

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
Recently found quite many applcants with PVO Sydney were sent to security screening!! Even without any sensitive background.

I am wondering if this is the normal process within this toxic office or it's true that so many applicants "worth" of so much time and energy to be security checked?

AMD171

Star Member
May 23, 2023
same here, my Pvo is Winnipeg by my secondary office is CIO Sydney , everything was passed in feb , but when I call IRCC I found I am stuck on security check since feb, I don't have any military police background neither I work in govt office and also no travel history
4 months passed still they are doing security check,

xueshen0607

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
same here, my Pvo is Winnipeg by my secondary office is CIO Sydney , everything was passed in feb , but when I call IRCC I found I am stuck on security check since feb, I don't have any military police background neither I work in govt office and also no travel history
4 months passed still they are doing security check,
OMG... Why Sydney so sucks...

GPA3

Apr 13, 2018
You have to order GCMS notes from CBSA to see if you are in comprehensive security check. Otherwise everyone goes through regular security screening which can be a regular record check by CSIS

Last edited:
Reactions: ECCA98 and RaccoonS

xueshen0607

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
You have to order GCMS notes from CBSA to see if you are in comprehensive security check. Otherwise everyone goes through regular security screening which can be a regular record check by CSIS
One of my friends who has entered Security Check in progress since June 6 got GCMS notes this week, and found the status is Security Screening by CBSA. Is that a comprehensive one?

USAUKCanAusNZ

Mar 23, 2023
Pat pat... you are not alone. I have a bunch of friends share the same situation with us. Please keep me updated once you have have got anything from IRCC. Finger crossed for both of us!
Thanks. FYI I ordered CBSA notes on 3/24 and there hasn't been any response yet (after 3 months...). Also, I heard MP wouldn't be able to help with security. So I basically gave up any hope on proactive measures