+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sydney, Nova Scotia Visa Office - Let's connect here!

Provi

Aug 18, 2019
does using MP helps? Have Aor July 3rd , everything passed except security. 60 days remaining, CEC inland Ontario

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
does using MP helps? Have Aor July 3rd , everything passed except security. 60 days remaining, CEC inland Ontario
MP is not that helpful imo...they only get the status for you but not speed up the process

60 days remaining is nothing compare to most of the folks here...some people are 60 days exceeding now lol

ripster85

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
CEC are taking long time, not to dishearten you but u have long way to go. Until 6 mnths i dnt even bother, just call them once a month to make sure everything is ok. Relax and expect PPR in March i would say.

ripster85

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
Hopefully... We will get PPR soon..May be end of this month (November 2019) which is I am thinking.
Ya , i see some movement for mid feb people. I would say late nov of early march folks and mid december for late march. Mine is 24th. Eligibility in process and security not started(same status sicne last 2 months). Mentally 8.5 months is what i have consoled myself to wait for. After that i think things get gloomy. I am in US, wanted to move before end of year so that kids school is not affected can start in January.Well wait is still on. Good to have support system here.
Really need a push in Nova Scotia.

ranjitrajkumar

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
Do not mail the MP unless you have passed six months, it an abuse of the privilege to mail the MP early on.
When you do, they can only share the status of your application that you get over the phone. Mailing the MP does not speed up the process.
If you want to know your application status do any or all of the these:
  • Call CIC - Immediate update
  • Raise a Web form - takes 7-10 days
  • Order GCMS notes - takes at least 30 days

Reactions: canadian_whisky

ranjitrajkumar

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
I see now, will be waiting to message MP. I didn’t know that CEC inland takes this long
If you are inland, you can ask your MP to get you a status update, but that is all that they can do, unfortunately. If you haven't already done so, order a set of GCMS notes to get a bit more clarity on what is happening with your application. There was a case on an inland applicant who had given documentation of a relative, but that documentation set was not accepted by IRCC. With the help of GCMS notes, he was able to remedy the situation and he got his PR mail a few days ago, after almost 9 months from the date of submission.

Provi

Aug 18, 2019
thank you, i called twice security hasn't started, i paid rprf august 14. everything is met such as criminalty,BG. but no actions after RPRF. am going to wait till end of the month to call again.

Jerrymordi100

Nov 10, 2019
Hey, I passed medicals on June 30 and since them i am stuck at IP1. MY BG Status says "Your application is in process. We will send you a message when we start your background check". Also i received an email from CIC confirming that my file is at CIO Sydney, Nova Scotia.
What does that mean?
My timeline:
AOR - 21 may
Meds pass - 29 june
ADR - 29 june
IP1 - 30 June
Hi,

Please I have been asked to submit additional documents by Sydney office but I don’t even know where to submit these documents to. Do I just email it to them or do I use the web form?