+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sydney, Nova Scotia Visa Office - Let's connect here!

kaushal.pages

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
AOR Oct 14. FSW-O. VO: Sydney, NS. My application went to IP2 in December, after that no update. I’m really worried. Has anyone got PPR being Express Entry candidate from this VO.

P.B.

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
One question: does Sydney, Nova Scotia Visa Office review Express Entry online applications? I see, from their website, they only review Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) – Non-Express Entry applications for economic classes.
Our case is PNP EE and is being reviewed in Nova Scotia.

P.B.

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
AOR Oct 14. FSW-O. VO: Sydney, NS. My application went to IP2 in December, after that no update. I’m really worried. Has anyone got PPR being Express Entry candidate from this VO.
We got a medical request last week after 10 months of submitting our file.

Canada2019__

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
similar timeline, got following response from IRCC on April 2

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

• Your application is currently being processed at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia
  • The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements
    under the immigration program for which you have applied
  • The background verifications are currently in process.

D

Deleted member 810875

May 11, 2018 AOR.

RR for job duties.

File in CIO Sydney.

I just received a re-medical request. I think it is a step in the right direction.

Reactions: P.B.

leka

Apr 12, 2018
Category........
Other
similar timeline, got following response from IRCC on April 2

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

• Your application is currently being processed at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia
  • The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements
    under the immigration program for which you have applied
  • The background verifications are currently in process.
a message like this usually means that SS is ongoing...

leka

Apr 12, 2018
Category........
Other
AOR - 14 Oct. FSW-O.
I was able to speak to Agent. I got below status:

Eligibility : We are reviewing your eligibility.
Security : Not Started
Criminality : Done
Medicals : Passed
VO: NS Sydney

They said we can't really tell you more about Eligibility timeline or step or status.

Does this mean RR status? Can I request more information using webform. Really frustrating.
they will not tell you if you r under Review Required via web from..the only way to know - by ordering gcms notes...but keep asking for ANY updates every 2 weeks I would suggest

P.B.

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
We sent the proofs of our re-medicals through web form (though it was not required :p) and received a reply from them that they have forwarded it to the concerned office which now apparently is New Delhi, India.

So... now our file has been forwarded from Nova Scotia to the local visa office in our country.

What feeling do you guys have about this movement?