+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Switching jobs while PR (CEC) is in progress

Canada Job aspire

Jun 26, 2020
Hi all,

Below is my condition:

Applied for PR in CEC class and received AOR in DEC'2020
Applied for BOWP in Feb'2021 as my current work permit with the employer is expiring in May'2021
Current work permit is a closed work permit with the same employer but its a LMIA exempt.
Now I received the BOWP and like it states its a open work permit, so I am not tied to the same employer, I can switch jobs
Question is : I have claimed 50 points in my PR for "arranged employment" and I submitted the current employer's job offer letter.
What are the options I have here for switching jobs , should I get offer letter from new letter and upload or should I stick with the current employer only? Please advise
Thanks

dreamercec

Jan 30, 2021
if you submitted a job offer claiming 50 points, you gotta stick to that job until you have ppr

If you change job, and they discover it, they discount the 50 points. Or even ban you to apply again for 5 years.

If after the 50 points discount you still make the cut off of your ITA, your application will continue to process. If not, they will decline your application.

If your new job can give you a letter that says you will have a job of at least 1 year, you can raise the webform and explain you substitute the job offer.