+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

switched to two year to one year course process

swapnil

Mar 5, 2012
Hi everyone,

I need some help from you, when i came on sept 2011 with two year course then after i switched to one year course and in this april my course will finish. I have two year study permit so what process i have to do to change study permit, is this needed or anyother kind of process i have to please let me know.

Thank you.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
swapnil said:
Hi everyone,

I need some help from you, when i came on sept 2011 with two year course then after i switched to one year course and in this april my course will finish. I have two year study permit so what process i have to do to change study permit, is this needed or anyother kind of process i have to please let me know.

Thank you.
Hi,

1. Not required to change/modify your study permit.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
swapnil said:
Thank you, but I need more comments.
Hi,

1. Once again, there are NO RULES which allow you to change/modify your study permit from 2 years to 1 year course provided that you are not changing your course from a secondary to post-secondary/post-secondary to secondary level.
2. If you are still in doubt, thn fill up application form (IMM 1249: Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Student) + pay non-refundable fee www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-student.asp and wait for your application refusal.

tariq3267

Star Member
Feb 15, 2010
swapnil said:
Hi everyone,

Thank you.
hi

you got admission in a 2 year program and u got 2 year visa? after landing in canada you switched your program to 1 year? am i rite?

tariq3267

Star Member
Feb 15, 2010
sorry i dont have any idea abt this...but if u have 2 yr visa then y u want to switch ur visa to 1 yr? let it remain in 2yr atleast u can stay there for min 2yrs

swapnil

Mar 5, 2012
but i am in 1 year course right now and in this April my course will finish so thats why i am asking that is that any procedure or what?