+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Swapping main applicant

tushar2485

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
Hello,

By now I have got my evaluation done from WES, (B.tech) and I will have my IELTS results by tomorrow.
Can I apply to the pool as soon as I get IELTS results, making myself as the primary applicant and my wife as dependent for now, and later can I swap and make her the main applicant, once she is done with her IELTS exam and WES evaluation? (Which I am presuming should take another couple of months)
(Since my wife has completed her MBA, and her age is also less comparative to mine, we fetch the CRS score more making herself as the prime applicant)

Also doing this, will it save any time for me or once I swap the applicants, the counting will again resume from the beginning?

Regards
Tushar

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
tushar2485 said:
Hello,

By now I have got my evaluation done from WES, (B.tech) and I will have my IELTS results by tomorrow.
Can I apply to the pool as soon as I get IELTS results, making myself as the primary applicant and my wife as dependent for now, and later can I swap and make her the main applicant, once she is done with her IELTS exam and WES evaluation? (Which I am presuming should take another couple of months)
(Since my wife has completed her MBA, and her age is also less comparative to mine, we fetch the CRS score more making herself as the prime applicant)

Also doing this, will it save any time for me or once I swap the applicants, the counting will again resume from the beginning?

Regards
Tushar
You cannot swap once you create a profile, but you can always create a fresh profile with your spouse as the primary applicant there and you being the accompanying.

tushar2485

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
Thank you, that helps!!
1. Do I have to pay any amount while creating the profile?
2. How long do I need to wait before I apply for provincial nomination?

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
tushar2485 said:
Thank you, that helps!!
1. Do I have to pay any amount while creating the profile? A: No.
2. How long do I need to wait before I apply for provincial nomination? A: You can apply anytime, based on each provincial program criterion, except for ON, where you need NOI before you can apply. For relevant updated on each program please keep checking their respective website regularly.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
creating a profile is free. you have to pay after you get ITA

tushar2485

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
Hello,

I have my profile in the pool since last month with me as the primary applicant. Now I want to apply a new profile with my wife as the primary applicant (since CRS is more with she being the primary), can I apply that under the same account, ie the GC key will remain same, but that key has been generated with my details) ?

nerd

Jan 15, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tushar2485 said:
Hello,

I have my profile in the pool since last month with me as the primary applicant. Now I want to apply a new profile with my wife as the primary applicant (since CRS is more with she being the primary), can I apply that under the same account, ie the GC key will remain same, but that key has been generated with my details) ?
Nope. Your wife will have to generate a fresh GC key and create a new account.