+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SW Buffalo timeline Update

seagirl

Mar 28, 2006
avb519 said:
Seagirl and Andy:

Thanks for your replies. My timeline is very similar to Seagirl's and I will be out of the US for 1 month since June 25, so just trying to estimate when CIC will send the PPR and how much time I will have to send it to NY Consulate.

Did your letters say anything about what to do if you are unable to comply with the deadline?

As always, many thanks for you input.

Dear Avb519,

My letter states I have to comply and sent the required document within 60 days period. It also says that I must advise office in writing of any changes in my civil status or family composition etc. and mailing address.

Best Regards,

Seagirl

zad886

Jun 7, 2006
This is a great thread. Congratulations to all of you!!!

I do have a question regarding IAs or whatever docs received from Buffalo...does Buffalo ask for an update of your whereabouts from the time you applied for PR to present? (just like how we had to list where we were since age 18)

thanks,
zad :)

andy

Star Member
Apr 16, 2006
Houston, Texas
zad886 said:
This is a great thread. Congratulations to all of you!!!

I do have a question regarding IAs or whatever docs received from Buffalo...does Buffalo ask for an update of your whereabouts from the time you applied for PR to present? (just like how we had to list where we were since age 18)

thanks,
some time they are asking for upadte (employment, marital status, new born child).
In my case, the didn't ask. But if you have new born child you better let them know so they can add in to your files.

zad886

Jun 7, 2006
thanks Andy!

do they ever ask about your travels (in and out of country) from when application was submitted...do they want to know if you've visited other countries while your application was being processed? do they ask about this?

thanks,

andy

Star Member
Apr 16, 2006
Houston, Texas
zad886 said:
thanks Andy!

do they ever ask about your travels (in and out of country) from when application was submitted...do they want to know if you've visited other countries while your application was being processed? do they ask about this?

thanks,
no, they have never asked.

avb519

Mar 29, 2006
My e-CAS just updated to "Medical results received" today.
Here is my timeline again - might be helpful for others with similar timeline.
App: Feb 2005 - Buffalo
AOR: Mar 2005
File transferred to NY: Feb 2006
IA/Interview waiver/Medical forms: Feb 2006
Medicals, FBI, additional docs sent: end March 2006
Medical reached Ottawa: Mar 30, 2006
e-CAS changed to "Medical results received": Jun 12, 2006

how long to PPR?

seagirl

Mar 28, 2006
avb519 said:
My e-CAS just updated to "Medical results received" today.
Here is my timeline again - might be helpful for others with similar timeline.
App: Feb 2005 - Buffalo
AOR: Mar 2005
File transferred to NY: Feb 2006
IA/Interview waiver/Medical forms: Feb 2006
Medicals, FBI, additional docs sent: end March 2006
Medical reached Ottawa: Mar 30, 2006
e-CAS changed to "Medical results received": Jun 12, 2006

how long to PPR?
Dear Avb519,

You will be getting PPR anytime now, my guess is within 7 to 14 days or even sooner. Congratulations!

Best Regards,

Seagirl

avb519

Mar 29, 2006
received PPR today, but won't be able to send it until last week of July. will be overseas.

Seagirl, i got the same 60 day deadline.

seagirl

Mar 28, 2006
avb519 said:
received PPR today, but won't be able to send it until last week of July. will be overseas.

Seagirl, i got the same 60 day deadline.
Dear Avb519,

Congratulations! I am sure your letter mentions that you can either mail the passport which takes 30 days to be returned or you can go in person on a Thursday and the Consulate will have your visa ready to be picked by next Thursday. So do what pleases you. If you want to save some time then going in person is a good option and if you are not in a hurry mailing it can be your option.
I am happy for you and I know you are eager to return soon to States so you can get the process completed!

Best Regards,

Seagirl

avb519

Mar 29, 2006
Dear Seagirl,

yes, the letter mentioned all the things you said. i plan to do it in person, but i will not be able to do it this Thursday, next week i'm leaving. so, i'll have to wait another month to go to the Consulate.

seagirl

Mar 28, 2006
seagirl said:
seagirl said:
Dear viewers,

I would like to share my timeline for skilled worker application processing. This might be helpful to many.

Applied at Buffalo post : Feb 2005

AOR Recieved: March 2005

Correspondence Recv'd of application transfer to NY: Feb 2006

IA (Interview waiver): Feb 2006

Finger printings sent to FBI: Feb 2006

Medical Exam: March 2006

FBI clearance recieved: March 2006 (in 4 weeks, that was fast!)

Docs (FBI clearance, Proof of funds, and landing fee) sent : March 2006

After sending the required documents as stated above, how long it takes to recieve the passport request? Also approximately how long it takes to get the passport back?

Thanks in advance and good luck to all of you!

Seagirl

Dear Viewers,

As all of us are anxiously waiting for passport requests, I would like to share with you that I have recieved my Passport request(letter issued on May 23, 2006). I recieved the letter on May 30th and have sent requested documents/photographs today. The NY Consulate should recieve them Monday (June 5th). Will keep you posted with the date I get my passport back.

Good luck to all of you!

Best Regards,

Seagirl

Dear Viewers,

I got my passport back today, June 16th 2006 with my visa and papers! I am so happy. To all of you who are still waiting, good luck and best wishes!

Best Regards,

Seagirl

andy

Star Member
Apr 16, 2006
Houston, Texas
Good news Seagirl, CONGRATULATIONSSSSSSSSSZ::))
I am glad for you. Finally you got everything with you minus landing. Stay in touch and post your landing experience.

avb519

Mar 29, 2006
Congratulations Seagirl!!! Finally we're hearing some good new from people on this forum. Andy, did you get you PP back?