+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SW Buffalo timeline Update

andy

Star Member
Apr 16, 2006
Houston, Texas
llw03c, your time is coming, be happy. Let us know when you get PPR. How did you know if they are doing background check on you at this time? Did you see from your CAIPS file or they told you? What is background check and they do before IA or after IA? How about security clearance? If you know, would you mind to share? Thanks

llw03c

Star Member
Feb 6, 2005
andy said:
llw03c, your time is coming, be happy. Let us know when you get PPR. How did you know if they are doing background check on you at this time? Did you see from your CAIPS file or they told you? What is background check and they do before IA or after IA? How about security clearance? If you know, would you mind to share? Thanks
andy,

well i was told by a lawyer that the background check typically is carried out once the IA is issued which for me was the middle of january and that it typically takes 4-6 months, maybe a bit longer or shorter depending on where you've lived, etc.. its almost 4 months now and almost 3 months since medicals. background checks include security checks and goes beyond the police records and FBI reports.

andy

Star Member
Apr 16, 2006
Houston, Texas
llw03c, then you don't need to worry about background check since you originally from harmless country.

Is background chekc applied to every body or only for suspicious applicants?

llw03c

Star Member
Feb 6, 2005
andy said:
llw03c, then you don't need to worry about background check since you originally from harmless country.

Is background chekc applied to every body or only for suspicious applicants?
yes the background check is for EVERYONE but those from "suspicious" countries could be called for a security interview even though they might have gotten an interview waiver.

i've heard that the length of the background check depends on a number of things including what country as well as willingness to cooperate by the other agencies in the country the applicant is from.

andy

Star Member
Apr 16, 2006
Houston, Texas
Guys, tomorrow is monday watch your e-CAS and mail box.
who knows is your turn to hear some good news this coming week.
Please do not hesitate to post it if you get one.
Good luck to all of us.

airbus2002

Jan 31, 2006
Montreal
Applied at Buffalo post : Dec 2004
AOR Recieved: March 2005
Correspondence Recv'd of application transfer to NY: Jan 2006
IA (Interview waiver): Feb 2006
Finger printings sent to FBI: Feb 2006
Medical Exam: Feb 2006
FBI clearance recieved: April 2006
Docs (FBI clearance, Proof of funds, and landing fee) sent : mid-April 2006

Passport request: May 11, 2006 :D

seagirl

Mar 28, 2006
seagirl said:
Dear viewers,

I would like to share my timeline for skilled worker application processing. This might be helpful to many.

Applied at Buffalo post : Feb 2005

Correspondence Recv'd of application transfer to NY: Feb 2006

Medical Exam: March 2006

FBI clearance recieved: March 2006 (in 4 weeks, that was fast!)

Docs (FBI clearance, Proof of funds, and landing fee) sent : March 2006

After sending the required documents as stated above, how long it takes to recieve the passport request? Also approximately how long it takes to get the passport back?

Thanks in advance and good luck to all of you!

Seagirl

Dear Viewers,

As all of us are anxiously waiting for passport requests, I would like to share with you that I have recieved my Passport request(letter issued on May 23, 2006). I recieved the letter on May 30th and have sent requested documents/photographs today. The NY Consulate should recieve them Monday (June 5th). Will keep you posted with the date I get my passport back.

Good luck to all of you!

Best Regards,

Seagirl

andy

Star Member
Apr 16, 2006
Houston, Texas
seagirl said:
seagirl said:
Dear viewers,

I would like to share my timeline for skilled worker application processing. This might be helpful to many.

Applied at Buffalo post : Feb 2005

Correspondence Recv'd of application transfer to NY: Feb 2006

Medical Exam: March 2006

FBI clearance recieved: March 2006 (in 4 weeks, that was fast!)

Docs (FBI clearance, Proof of funds, and landing fee) sent : March 2006

After sending the required documents as stated above, how long it takes to recieve the passport request? Also approximately how long it takes to get the passport back?

Thanks in advance and good luck to all of you!

Seagirl

Dear Viewers,

As all of us are anxiously waiting for passport requests, I would like to share with you that I have recieved my Passport request(letter issued on May 23, 2006). I recieved the letter on May 30th and have sent requested documents/photographs today. The NY Consulate should recieve them Monday (June 5th). Will keep you posted with the date I get my passport back.

Good luck to all of you!

Best Regards,

Seagirl
Congrats..... finally you got it, I am happy for you. Keep post your future plan and when you get your passport back. Good luck.

avb519

Mar 29, 2006
Congratulations, SeaGirl!!

Was there a deadline in the letter for sending your passport to NY Consulate?

seagirl

Mar 28, 2006
avb519 said:
Congratulations, SeaGirl!!

Was there a deadline in the letter for sending your passport to NY Consulate?
Thanks Avb519. Yes I had 60 days from the issue date of Passport request letter (amy 23, 2006).

Regards,

Seagirl

avb519

Mar 29, 2006
Seagirl and Andy:

Thanks for your replies. My timeline is very similar to Seagirl's and I will be out of the US for 1 month since June 25, so just trying to estimate when CIC will send the PPR and how much time I will have to send it to NY Consulate.

Did your letters say anything about what to do if you are unable to comply with the deadline?

As always, many thanks for you input.

andy

Star Member
Apr 16, 2006
Houston, Texas
avb519 said:
Seagirl and Andy:

Thanks for your replies. My timeline is very similar to Seagirl's and I will be out of the US for 1 month since June 25, so just trying to estimate when CIC will send the PPR and how much time I will have to send it to NY Consulate.

Did your letters say anything about what to do if you are unable to comply with the deadline?

As always, many thanks for you input.
They said if we cannot send the passports and photographs we need to let them know ASAP so that they can advise us whether visas can still be issued. They did not tell how? But I think you have to do by all the possibilities (emails, telp, and send a letter, just for safety).
Since your file transferred to NY same like seagirl got 60 days, I think you're be okay.
Have a good trip.