+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SUV Work Permit Granted

Nightbirde

Star Member
Jul 6, 2022
Hello Again to all,
It would be greatly appreciated if anyone share his/her experiences about Work Permit for the SUV timeline where the Canadian embassy in Ankara - Turkey takes care of it.
For example for myself, 39 weeks passed from the biometric (fingerprint) completion date without getting any result yet.
Thanks in advance!
Iman

Fargoloz

Star Member
May 2, 2020
Hello Again to all,
It would be greatly appreciated if anyone share his/her experiences about Work Permit for the SUV timeline where the Canadian embassy in Ankara - Turkey takes care of it.
For example for myself, 39 weeks passed from the biometric (fingerprint) completion date without getting any result yet.
Thanks in advance!
Iman
For me I applied from Ankara on June, 2020 and got it on January, 2021

But I already had the biometric from 2017

Nightbirde

Star Member
Jul 6, 2022
For me I applied from Ankara on June, 2020 and got it on January, 2021

But I already had the biometric from 2017
So many thanks for your reply.
It means you got it after 7 months. Great!
Shall I ask you a question? Did you receive any Ghost Update before PPR?
Thanks!
Iman

Fargoloz

Star Member
May 2, 2020
So many thanks for your reply.
It means you got it after 7 months. Great!
Shall I ask you a question? Did you receive any Ghost Update before PPR?
Thanks!
Iman
Yes, I think they started processing on Nov. Just asked for ADR from spouse, then biometric for her and after that in 2 weeks PPR

Reactions: Nightbirde

Nightbirde

Star Member
Jul 6, 2022
Yes, I think they started processing on Nov. Just asked for ADR from spouse, then biometric for her and after that in 2 weeks PPR
On November 18, my work permit for an SUV visa after 11 months has been refused because The online Employer Portal selected the WRONG “LMIA exemption code” C10 instead of A75.

First I wanted to share my experience here with anyone who wants to apply for it please be cautious about this point as it is a huge BUG in their system.

Second, any idea from people who had the same issue or heard the same issue that helps me before reapplying this?

Thanks in advance!
Iman

kshukla

Feb 6, 2019
On November 18, my work permit for an SUV visa after 11 months has been refused because The online Employer Portal selected the WRONG “LMIA exemption code” C10 instead of A75.

First I wanted to share my experience here with anyone who wants to apply for it please be cautious about this point as it is a huge BUG in their system.

Second, any idea from people who had the same issue or heard the same issue that helps me before reapplying this?

Thanks in advance!
Iman
I think it should be C10 only.

Roger Gamer

Oct 4, 2022
I think it should be C10 only.
It's A75, but if you use IMM5802 it auto-populates C10. IMM5802 is used when the start-up is not yet incorporated.
Experienced VO knows this problem and will check for both C10 and A75

https://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/decisions/en/item/522012/index.do

[9] After assessing these criteria, the Officer determined that the Applicants were not eligible for C10 LMIA-exempt work permits, because ...
[10] The Officer then assessed the Applicants’ eligibility for an A75-coded Work Permit, and found that: ...

The court granted leave, meaning the applicants may resubmit their application with additional documents to IRCC for re-consideration without needing to pay again the work permit application fee. The applicants' lawyer won on technicality because they did not submit the entire C10 and A75 definition list (might have been intentional), and this was not highighted by the IRCC representative. The IRCC representative also failed to mention the applicants did NOT send back form IMM5802 back to the employer portal for LMIA exemption. There are other factors that granted leave, please do read if you have time

Last edited:

harrydarwen

Oct 18, 2022
Hi All,

I applied for the SUV WorkPermit and PR in October 2020 (Last week). Today i got the WorkPermit approval which also included spouse's open WP and Kid's study permit.

Applied: October 15th
WP Approved: March 5th 2020

I hope you all get the permits soon if you are also waiting.
you need to travel post getting a work permit? if yes, can you pls share what this timeframe is?

Last edited:

Roger Gamer

Oct 4, 2022
It's A75, but if you use IMM5802 it auto-populates C10. IMM5802 is used when the start-up is not yet incorporated.
Experienced VO knows this problem and will check for both C10 and A75

https://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/decisions/en/item/522012/index.do

[9] After assessing these criteria, the Officer determined that the Applicants were not eligible for C10 LMIA-exempt work permits, because ...
[10] The Officer then assessed the Applicants’ eligibility for an A75-coded Work Permit, and found that: ...

The court granted leave, meaning the applicants may resubmit their application with additional documents to IRCC for re-consideration without needing to pay again the work permit application fee. The applicants' lawyer won on technicality because they did not submit the entire C10 and A75 definition list (might have been intentional), and this was not highighted by the IRCC representative. The IRCC representative also failed to mention the applicants did NOT send back form IMM5802 back to the employer portal for LMIA exemption. There are other factors that granted leave, please do read if you have time
Just updating, the latest IMM5802 auto populates A75 now ... and effective 15/12/22, the SUV is now the new A77 code, which means the latest IMM5802 is not updated yet

dsgn

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
Good day all.
I don't know if this group is for those on student visa. If so, pls I am asking this question for a friend bc am on another stream and I did submit police report when filing for my PR. My question here is, is it compulsory one must get police certificate/ clearance from home country and any other country he has resided for up to 6 months as was applicable when applying for permanent residency?
Pls candid answer will help my friend. Thanks

CeceSUV

Feb 15, 2023
There is no requirement to travel after the work permit has been approved. Many folks had WPs approved during the pandemic and they were not able to travel.
Hi, If travel is not required after wp approved , so PR still then process without effected by time of Wp landing?

Ra3836

Nov 20, 2023
Hi all, I have a tricky problem in submitting Work permit under SUV program.
I have submitted PR and now I want to submit work permit (I have submitted Employer portal also).
the problem is when I want to start application in IRCC, I have to answer the question (wizard) to get the document check list. the check list that I got, seems not suit for this work permit because there is no space for uploading LOS, or proof of PR, or Proof of fund and .... many other documents that is necessary for this type of work permit. what should I do ?

kumarabhi

Jan 26, 2020
HI Seniors :)
Can someone guide me with the minimum funds which we need to show for work permit under SUV program.