+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SUV Work Permit Granted

hmblaster

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Hi All,

I applied for the SUV WorkPermit and PR in October 2020 (Last week). Today i got the WorkPermit approval which also included spouse's open WP and Kid's study permit.

Applied: October 15th
WP Approved: March 5th 2020

I hope you all get the permits soon if you are also waiting.

yasminjll

Feb 15, 2021
Hello,
congrats on your WP! hope you get your PR soon.
May I ask from which Visa Office you applied (where are you from)?

Reactions: erek1375

Fargoloz

Star Member
May 2, 2020
Hi,

I was granted the same on Jan. but haven't travelled yet. Would you please let me know your plans since there's a lock down there?

hmblaster

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Hi,

I was granted the same on Jan. but haven't travelled yet. Would you please let me know your plans since there's a lock down there?
Yes, there is lockdown but you can travel. It' just that the quarantine rules are more stricter now. I am planning to travel by April/May timeframe.

Fargoloz

Star Member
May 2, 2020
@hmblaster @Fargoloz is there a specific timeframe in which you need to travel post getting a work permit? if yes, can you pls share what this timeframe is?
I don't think so. I was granted the WP on January and I entered in September 28. They give you the work permit document starting the day you entered. I even left Canada for 10 days after that and came back and everything went smoothly.

amir788

Star Member
Dec 6, 2021
Hi All,

I applied for the SUV WorkPermit and PR in October 2020 (Last week). Today i got the WorkPermit approval which also included spouse's open WP and Kid's study permit.

Applied: October 15th
WP Approved: March 5th 2020

I hope you all get the permits soon if you are also waiting.
Hi, congrats/ could you please tell me which type of visa you chose on IM1295 form? based on CIC instruction we should choose "... exempt from LMIA" but there is an option for "start up business class". which one have you chosen? thank you in advance for your response

hmblaster

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Hi, congrats/ could you please tell me which type of visa you chose on IM1295 form? based on CIC instruction we should choose "... exempt from LMIA" but there is an option for "start up business class". which one have you chosen? thank you in advance for your response
I have a consultant who prepared my WP and PR files. Sorry, not of much help here.

amir788

Star Member
Dec 6, 2021
I have a consultant who prepared my WP and PR files. Sorry, not of much help here.
thank you for your response. Could you please tell me how much money and in which form (cash, real state , ...) you have provided as proof of fund for work permit? (for PR , CIC clearly explains, bur for WP I am afraid it doesn't)

hmblaster

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
thank you for your response. Could you please tell me how much money and in which form (cash, real state , ...) you have provided as proof of fund for work permit? (for PR , CIC clearly explains, bur for WP I am afraid it doesn't)
Bank statement should be fine. Requirements are same as PR i.e. the total required to be in your bank must be as per the guidelines, depending on your family size.

amir788

Star Member
Dec 6, 2021
Bank statement should be fine. Requirements are same as PR i.e. the total required to be in your bank must be as per the guidelines, depending on your family size.
Right, thank you. As per the guideline the fund is almost two times the PR fund for a family of three (39,000 CAD). But it says it can be as cash , property or capital payable to you. I was wondering if I can use an apartment as apart of the fund in addition to bank account statement? I think I should use an immigration consultant

hmblaster

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
If based on your family size, 39K is the amount you need to show, the bank statement showing that fund would be ideal. If you were to show non liquid assets as part of the statement, you may need to have it done by a certified assessor that shows the assets are equivalent to CAD required amount.

Having a consultant helps but certainly not necessary. You can ask these questions and have them take care of your filing but it's a personal preference. For me it was peace of mind as i wanted to focus on business and not on the filing and replying to IRCC.

I hope this helps.