+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SUV- Can we stay in our origin country until PR issued?

SUVnewcomer

Aug 4, 2021
Hi. I am new to this Forum and have an intention to apply SUV shortly. Just some questions would like to see if you guys can give me some advice:

1. IRCC says the applicant is not required to come to Canada until we get the PR, but it requires us to perform essentially to the business. How could we satisfy this point if we are outside of Canada?
2. I heard some people said that even IRCC says we are not required to come to Canada before issuance of PR, IRCC actually still want us to come to Canada before we are able to obtain PR by applying Work Permit. But what if we fail to obtain PR at the end? Does it mean we need to close our business and back to origin country right away?
3. If the above point 2 is valid, it seems it is rather unsecure if we obtained Work Permit to enter into Canada but end up being rejected with PR?
4. Has anyone enter to Canada until their PR issued by staying in their origin country in here? Can you share experience, pls?

many thanks.

Reactions: Jhitomedia

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
What I know is that once you get your WP you need to enter the country within the stipulated timeframe (3 to 4 months), otherwise the essence of granting the WP is lost. You can return to your home country and continue if that is essential for your business.

I don't know about the other questions you posted that if the PR is not granted do we close down the business. But would be keen to know the answer.

yulie wang

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
China
Category........
you dont need to go to canada until you get the pr,as for perform essentially,do some work like online meeting etc. feel free to contact me on whatsapp +86 13588023035