+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Surrey CIC Timeline

Kubik

Dec 1, 2008
Hi Guys,
Yesterday me and wife wrote the test & had the interview at Surrey CIC office. All went well, we were told that our application is approved and we should be receiving oath invitation within 3 to 6 months. I did 20/20 and wife did 19/20 correct answers. Now I understand why (and I repeat the same thing too) that the test is not a biggie as long as you study Discover Canada booklet and check yourself with online tests or smartphone apps etc and you'll be Ok. We got everything ready & well organized (All relevant documents, even all our paystubs, T4s, phone bills etc) but the CIC officer didn't even require them. Doesn't harm having them handy though. To potential test-takers: please pay attention to test supervisor's instructions, though not too much thing to fill in on the answer sheets, double/triple check everything as a tiny mistake filling the sheet may not be amended after you submit the sheet. So, after mailing our applications in Aug 2013, it took 16 months for us to reach the oath-waiting line.
Wishing you all good luck.
Cheers,
Kubik

lidiajia

Dec 14, 2012
Hi everyone, I just got my oath letter. No updates on the ecase yet.The ceremony is on jan 19. It took me exactly one year to complete the whole process. Many thinks to all the suggestions and opinions on the forum! Good luck to us all!

aamer43

May 6, 2009
lidiajia said:
Hi everyone, I just got my oath letter. No updates on the ecase yet.The ceremony is on jan 19. It took me exactly one year to complete the whole process. Many thinks to all the suggestions and opinions on the forum! Good luck to us all!
Congratulations!

What a day to receive oath letter, i know for sure that now you will have HAPPY HOLIDAYS for sure

Lolote

Star Member
May 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When was your test?

lidiajia said:

singodia

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Kubik said:
Hi Guys,
Yesterday me and wife wrote the test & had the interview at Surrey CIC office. All went well, we were told that our application is approved and we should be receiving oath invitation within 3 to 6 months. I did 20/20 and wife did 19/20 correct answers. Now I understand why (and I repeat the same thing too) that the test is not a biggie as long as you study Discover Canada booklet and check yourself with online tests or smartphone apps etc and you'll be Ok. We got everything ready & well organized (All relevant documents, even all our paystubs, T4s, phone bills etc) but the CIC officer didn't even require them. Doesn't harm having them handy though. To potential test-takers: please pay attention to test supervisor's instructions, though not too much thing to fill in on the answer sheets, double/triple check everything as a tiny mistake filling the sheet may not be amended after you submit the sheet. So, after mailing our applications in Aug 2013, it took 16 months for us to reach the oath-waiting line.
Wishing you all good luck.
Cheers,
Kubik
Can i get the soft copy of this booklet "discover canada"

Thanks

jckdry

Apr 28, 2009
Cogrates lidiajia
That is fast after the test in nov for surey office
I took test on 28 oct still waiting for oath
I hope to get it soon.
Anyone else going for oath in jan from oct/nov 2014 testtakers ?

Kubik

Dec 1, 2008
jckdry said:
Anyone else going for oath in jan from oct/nov 2014 testtakers ?
I know someone who wrote the test early in Nov 2014 got his oath letter before Xmas and will be taking the oath next week. So his oath timeline from test date to oath date is about 2 months.
I wrote the test on Dec 10 2014 and currently waiting for the oath letter.

Cheers,
Kubik

surreycra

Jan 8, 2015
Just want to share my timeline

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 6, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 6, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on April 25, 2014.

We sent you a notice on October 21, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 6, 2014 at 12:16 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Received Oath letter last week - Schedule for Jan 23.

Lolote

Star Member
May 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has the website been updated for your oath?

surreycra said:
Just want to share my timeline

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 6, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 6, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on April 25, 2014.

We sent you a notice on October 21, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 6, 2014 at 12:16 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Received Oath letter last week - Schedule for Jan 23.

Maxvan

Jan 11, 2015
How do you like my timeline?)) I thought I was going to go crazy at one point...

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 6, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 6, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on September 20, 2012.

We sent you a letter on September 21, 2012. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a letter on October 4, 2012. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a notice on January 20, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 18, 2014 at 11:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Lolote

Star Member
May 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What about your oath?

Maxvan said:
How do you like my timeline?)) I thought I was going to go crazy at one point...

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 6, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 6, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on September 20, 2012.

We sent you a letter on September 21, 2012. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a letter on October 4, 2012. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a notice on January 20, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 18, 2014 at 11:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.