+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Surrender PR / Certificate of departure from canada

bujji

Dec 9, 2013
We did not meet RO and entered Canada by land . At border they took our signatures on 44 report and told they are going to issue removal orders and have 30 days. We don't want the departure order to become deportation order so what's the way to deal with it . Can we go to visa office outside Canada surrender or cards or obtain certificate of departure? We will be leaving Canada in next 3 days.

And advice will be helpful.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
I think if you still have a copy of the report you can stop by CBSA on your way OUT of the country and ask them for the proper letters stating you left on your own.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
bujji said:
We did not meet RO and entered Canada by land . At border they took our signatures on 44 report and told they are going to issue removal orders and have 30 days. We don't want the departure order to become deportation order so what's the way to deal with it . Can we go to visa office outside Canada surrender or cards or obtain certificate of departure? We will be leaving Canada in next 3 days.

And advice will be helpful.
I would recommend to read carefully the 44 report copy.

If you didn't receive the departure letter yet you could stay here.

I don't know how it works, but the deportation order won't come before receive a departure letter, so you should have some time

Anyways you should be able to stay in Canada until the PR card expiration date probably or even later until you receive the departure letter.

There could be not grounds for Humanitarian and Compassionate application but you could check if there is a way to stop or delay the departure order until meet RO perhaps

If you're living be sure to get CBSA report, I don't know how to get it, you should research about it before leave.

Just be sure to manage all your legal options to stay in Canada before leaving (avoiding a deportation order, of course)