+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Surname mismatch in passport and degree certificate

EE_User

Dec 30, 2015
I have a situation where my surname in passport and degree certificate does not match. Only the first letter of the surname is printed in degree certificate whereas full surname is printed in the passport for eg,
Name in passport - Rahul Dravid
Name in Degree certificate - Rahul.D.

I am sure that many people would have similar situation. Can anyone please explain how such a situation was solved through the process, right from WES ECA to the application. Is a notarized affidavit the way to solve this.

mohsin.ipr

Jun 24, 2011
EE_User said:
I have a situation where my surname in passport and degree certificate does not match. Only the first letter of the surname is printed in degree certificate whereas full surname is printed in the passport for eg,

I am sure that many people would have similar situation. Can anyone please explain how such a situation was solved through the process, right from WES ECA to the application. Is a notarized affidavit the way to solve this.

The famous cricketer Rahul Dravid :)

Bro i was in the same situation so a letter of explanation stating the changes and use of different spelling would be more than enough. but use the one that is in your passport that should be authenticated and reflected in all other places. I guess discrepancy in one document can be tolerated but if the issue is with multiple documents it may cause a problem.

satya10

Nov 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Usually the passports contains full form of your initials,which will be your surname. The degree certificated may contain just the initial may not be a issue. 8)

ppahuja

Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EE_User said:

Yes, attach a same name notarised affidavit for WES ECA as well for the application. Make sure your ECA report states your name as in passport.

EE_User

Dec 30, 2015
mohsin.ipr said:
The famous cricketer Rahul Dravid :)

Bro i was in the same situation so a letter of explanation stating the changes and use of different spelling would be more than enough. but use the one that is in your passport that should be authenticated and reflected in all other places. I guess discrepancy in one document can be tolerated but if the issue is with multiple documents it may cause a problem.
Thanks. How did you get the WES ECA - with the name as per passport or with the name as per degree certificate ? Would WES have a problem issuing ECA as per passport name ?

EE_User

Dec 30, 2015
ppahuja said:
Yes, attach a same name notarised affidavit for WES ECA as well for the application. Make sure your ECA report states your name as in passport.
Thanks, Would WES have a problem issuing ECA as per passport name in this case?

ppahuja

Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EE_User said:
Thanks, Would WES have a problem issuing ECA as per passport name in this case?
Nope, they will not have any problem. This is based on personal experience.
Make sure to attach relevant documentation as suggested in previous post.

EE_User

Dec 30, 2015
Thanks - I also had a question on how to fill in the WES online form. I am planning to fill in this form with my full name as per passport. But it also asks
'Were your documents issued under a different name? " - How to answer this, should I say yes here or No? Appreciate your help, thanks.

ppahuja

Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EE_User said:
Thanks - I also had a question on how to fill in the WES online form. I am planning to fill in this form with my full name as per passport. But it also asks
'Were your documents issued under a different name? " -
Specify the name as per your highest educational qualification document
How to answer this, should I say yes here or No?
Specify Yes
Appreciate your help, thanks.

ishukumar_69

Sep 6, 2017
I have the same problem. . . In my report they have mentioned that "the name in one of now academic certificate is different from name indicated " . How to get this rectified. Mailed them several times but no proper response.Just for the wes report I am waiting to submit my EE profile for the past 2 months. Need help . . . .

shanmuk

Jan 10, 2018
I have the same problem. . . In my report they have mentioned that "the name in one of now academic certificate is different from name indicated " . How to get this rectified. Mailed them several times but no proper response.Just for the wes report I am waiting to submit my EE profile for the past 2 months. Need help . . . .
Hi,

I have the same problem, could you kindly let me know what have you done regarding this?

mshalini09

Sep 2, 2020
I guess discrepancy in one document can be tolerated but if the issue is with multiple documents it may cause a problem.
I have discrepancy across multiple documents. I have an affidavit for "One and the Same person". Will this suffice? Or will there still be issues? Anyone faced this in the past?

Dec 17, 2020
Hi There,
I have a problem/confusion. My name is mentioned in
Passport is Given Names: Tirth Jignesh
Last Name: Raval .

My all degrees have it as Raval Tirth Jignesh even in Aadhar Card. Should I be worried about having different names on these documents?
Will It create problem in my admission procedure for Masters in Universities in Canada???
Please help