+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supporting letter for father's Canada visit

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Hi I am inviting my dad to Canada for a month long visit in June. I know I have to write an invitation letter to apply for his visa. I wonder what my brother, lives in my home country along with our father, should write in his supporting letter. I can guess, that he should mentioned point like he wants dad with him, but what are other specific points he may add.

I know this is kind of a odd question as we should be able to know what to put in letter, but I am writing to know opinions from you guys and from your experience.

Thank you in an advance!

MARCHIE

Jan 8, 2011
Vancouver ....Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC LONDON UK-----Transferred to PVO 7Feb 2013
NOC Code......
3152 ( Registered Nurse )
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 May 2010
Doc's Request.
18 October 2010
Nomination.....
CHC London 15 Jan 2011...
AOR Received.
1st AOR 18 Oct 2010 / 2nd AOR 16 June 2011..
IELTS Request
All Done..
File Transfer...
PARIS OFFICE
Med's Request
13 March 2013
Med's Done....
10 April 2013
Interview........
Medicals Results Received 15 Aug 2013...
Passport Req..
29 Sep 2013 Submitted @ Abu Dhabi U.A.E
VISA ISSUED...
01 Oct 2013
LANDED..........
Celebrated White Christmas in Vancouver..2013.
mention that you have joint family in india and your brother stays with your dad..this will strengthen his case for family ties back to home country.
there is no harm in telling them...but dont fabricate or lie.
Present the facts as it is..

Candy20

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Delhi
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
CIC New Delhi
Agree with Marchie...

That make a positive impact on your application....dont need to be worry.

:)

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Candy20 said:
Agree with Marchie...

That make a positive impact on your application....dont need to be worry.

:)
MARCHIE said:
mention that you have joint family in india and your brother stays with your dad..this will strengthen his case for family ties back to home country.
there is no harm in telling them...but dont fabricate or lie.
Present the facts as it is..
Thank you guys ... yes that is what we are also thinking the same. We are in the process to prepare for the same. Hopefully, we will apply on first week of April, after I get my first pay check :).

As I just completed my school and started work, and my wife recently immigrated to Canada and looking for job, I do not have any saving. So my dad and brother will enclosed their bank statement as a proof of fund for the visit.

P.S: My family are not from/in India :)

sokosan

Aug 6, 2015
I don't really understand the thing with your brother. Is your brother visiting too? Or just your dad? If just your dad, why would your brother then write a letter?

If you want to make clear your father lives with your brother, this your father must already do by himself when filling the TRV application form. There is a Family Information form, there he must list all of his parents, spouses, children and siblings along with their addresses. That includes you in Canada and your brother at the same address as him.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
sokosan said:
I don't really understand the thing with your brother. Is your brother visiting too? Or just your dad? If just your dad, why would your brother then write a letter?

If you want to make clear your father lives with your brother, this your father must already do by himself when filling the TRV application form. There is a Family Information form, there he must list all of his parents, spouses, children and siblings along with their addresses. That includes you in Canada and your brother at the same address as him.
Only my dad is visiting Canada. I know there is a family form, yes I want my brother to write a supporting letter. This is not required, and we may opt out, but we want to do this. Through this we want to clarify some points which may help visa officer to review the case, (a) My father lives with my brother (ties with home country, this is my way of perceiving), (b) My brother will assist our father, financially and logistic, if need, to arrange his visit to Canada, given visa is granted.

This is why I create this thread to know what else we can mention, from others who have done the same in past or thinking of doing in the future

sokosan

Aug 6, 2015
OK, now I understand.

In your invitation letter, then, write

a) that you are inviting your father to come for a visit for X days/weeks/months
b) that your income is $Y per year, you live at Z where you rent/own, you work at W
c) that you will provide food and accommodation for your father
d) that your father lives with your brother who supports him financially when necessary
e) that your father will pay for his own ticket and other expenses from his own money and from money that your brother will give him, if necessary
f) that in the case of an emergency of any kind while your father is in Canada, that you will pay any expenses he or your brother are unable to cover.

Your brother can write a letter which says
a) your father lives with him and he supports him financially when necessary
b) that he works at XX with an income of YY per year
c) he knows that your father will go to visit you in Canada, and that he will come back
d) that you will provide food and accommodation to your father in Canada, but that all other expenses will be covered by your father, or, if he is unable to, by your brother.