+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supporting documents

Kaonashi

Feb 11, 2008
Osaka, Japan
Hello,

I am not very afraid of being refused as a sponsor on the ground of a non-genuine relationship, but just to be sure, i would like to give as many supporting documents as possible.
I have many pictures that i can send (my wedding, and the 5 years of life together).
But thats almost it.. When I was in Canada separated from my wife, we chatted and wrote emails most of the time, so i dont have documents like letters, phone bills, etc.
I do still have emails from 5 years ago (the first time we lived apart from each other), would that help to print out some of them and include them as supporting documents?
Since there is no "physical" proof that emails are all genuine would it make a difference or they would just ignore them?

Thanks

Rahimi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2008
Hi, as i read ur message its good but at least you should provide Embassy ur Marriage Certificate, wedding photos, and etc. its supporting documents so emails also a part of them.

Its ur chance i can't say anything.

So what is ur timeline: update ur timeline: Do not worry [God is very kind] will find way for solving all these problem.

tamee

Jul 25, 2007
send the emails, send chat logs, send pictures and any kind of regular mail you have, send proof of any monies you sent her etc.

ThirstyDeer

Star Member
Feb 10, 2008
If you dig deep enough, you can say that anything you provide, photos included, could be forged somehow. Don't get so wrapped up in that. Whatever you have, send. Photos, letters from friends testifying to the relationship, past emails and chat logs, copies of cards sent to each other, receipts of gifts sent to each other, all that could be used.

Sending your marriage certificate isn't a supporting document. It is a required document needed for the application - it does nothing in proving the marriage is genuine or not. All it does is prove you legally married your spouse.

Kaonashi

Feb 11, 2008
Osaka, Japan
Thank you all for your answers!!!

I will try to gather as many proofs as possible. I guess since my wife and I have been together for 6 years already they will expect us to send more proofs than someone who has been in a relationship for less than a year..

Thank you ThirstyDeer for mentioning letters from friends to testify our relationship, I didn't think of that. Would it be useful to also give their contact information (phone number) so that the immigration could check with them, or they dont go that far?

Rahimi,
What do you mean by timeline?

Cheers

ThirstyDeer

Star Member
Feb 10, 2008
I don't know how far CIC goes in terms of verifying what you send, but I asked my friends and family to include their work info, and their contact info, and as part of the package, I offered CIC to contact any of them to corraborate their letters. You can also add touches such as having family members get their letters notarized (adds a degree of legal integrity to it).