+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5409e - how many supporting documents?

Jun 7, 2020
We're preparing our sponsorship application and almost ready to send it off, but my partner's 6 months vistior status is about the expire. So we are now applying for his visitor extension. I can see that it should include the form IMM 5409e "Statutory Declaration Of Common-law".

My question is, how much supporting documents will they require? As much as possible?

In our situation, we've been together for 6 years. We have no bank accounts in both of our names or credit cards, but we do share and transfer money to each-other. Neither of us have life insurance or own any property. I have not declated common-law to the CRA yet, because I haven't been working or living in Canada for many years now. We have one lease together and some electric bills. We have some mail at the same addresses over the years. Plus photos, texts, emails, etc. I could only check one box that they asked for in the form. Should we be including all of the extra supporting documents we have, just like in our sponsorship application? The photos, messages, bank transfers, mail, etc.? Or do I only need to provide one of the requested documents?

Thank you for any of your advice!