+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supporting documents to be included for dependent sibling with disability for visitor visa

Shaparak1996

Jun 13, 2022
Hello everyone,

I would like to check my documents that I am going to submit for my mother and my sister (she is dependent due to intellectual disability). My parents and my sister application were rejected 4 years ago and now I would like to submit it again and I would greatly appreciate it if you can share your thoughts with me:

1- my mother income and paystub (she is a teacher working for 28 years and she has to still work to be retired and get the benefit of retirement)
2- letter showing that she is working as a teacher and she cannot stay outside of my home country for more than 20 days.
3- her bank statement (showing around 15K CAD) for the travel and the purpose of travel is reuniting with me. This is the money she will bring for the trip for herself and my sister. My father's bank account is also included for the support of this trip for my mother and my sister (showing approximately 14K CAD). Since my dad is not an applicant in this application, I do not think I need to show his paystub. please advise me if you think I should include the proof of income.
4- my mother and my father have signed affidavit that both of them are supporting all my sister expenses during this trip and mentioned that she will come back with my mom by the end of the trip.
5- my parents both own a property together and it is included in the application.
6- A letter from my grandfather's doctor indicating that he needs to visit the doctor regularly since he has a medical condition (he is around 85 years old) and as a proof that my mom needs to come back since she is taking care of them and she needs to bring him to doctor and help him with the daily activities. My mom is the only child living in the same city and my aunt will travel and stay with my grandparents during the time my mom is in Canada.
7- My sister disability card as a proof that she is dependent and she has intellectual disability.

8- I will write an invitation letter and include my income and pay stub and showing my bank account (almost 70K CAD) and stating that I am happily support them for this trip. Also, my boy friend is willing to write an invitation letter as well since he cannot travel to my home country to meet my parents. We have been together for 4 years and he would like to meet mother and sister in person. I have not had the chance to travel back home since 2018.

9- I will also sign an affidavit that I am willing to support their trip if it is needed.
10- I will buy insurance from a Canadian insurance for this trip in advance showing that we are responsible for any unforeseen medical emergency.
11- My mom will also write a letter explaining that the concerns that was specified in the officer note in the previous application has been resolved. (all the concerns was regarding financial status and 3 family member traveling and I was a student, these are no longer exist since I am a permanent resident, working full-time. My dad will not travel with them and they will come back since my mom is working and my grandfather needs help and of course they are not leaving my dad behind and they have well-established life. The purpose of trip will be a family visit and reuniting with me and meeting my boy friend.)

Please advise me if you think I should remove or add any other document. Thank you so much in advance.

My question about my sister is that her card just mentioned mild intellectual disability, it did not indicated any specific thing about it and my sister is not taking any medication and she is physically healthy and in fact she is taking some art classes under supervision of welfare organization as she is able to learn and train. she is able to do her daily activity alone but she is financially dependent to my parents. She does not also stay 1 night away from my parents. Do I need to get any letter from a doctor mentioned that she is physically healthy and she does not take any medicine? Also, Do you think I should get a letter from her art classes which are under welfare organization indicating that she is attending the classes since 2018? Something about this classes is that she is just going there to do an activity and make her life more meaningful and she has found some friends there. There is not any other point about this art class. My sister does not own any other thing that I can include.

Sep 16, 2022
Hello everyone,

I would like to check my documents that I am going to submit for my mother and my sister (she is dependent due to intellectual disability). My parents and my sister application were rejected 4 years ago and now I would like to submit it again and I would greatly appreciate it if you can share your thoughts with me:

1- my mother income and paystub (she is a teacher working for 28 years and she has to still work to be retired and get the benefit of retirement)
2- letter showing that she is working as a teacher and she cannot stay outside of my home country for more than 20 days.
3- her bank statement (showing around 15K CAD) for the travel and the purpose of travel is reuniting with me. This is the money she will bring for the trip for herself and my sister. My father's bank account is also included for the support of this trip for my mother and my sister (showing approximately 14K CAD). Since my dad is not an applicant in this application, I do not think I need to show his paystub. please advise me if you think I should include the proof of income.
4- my mother and my father have signed affidavit that both of them are supporting all my sister expenses during this trip and mentioned that she will come back with my mom by the end of the trip.
5- my parents both own a property together and it is included in the application.
6- A letter from my grandfather's doctor indicating that he needs to visit the doctor regularly since he has a medical condition (he is around 85 years old) and as a proof that my mom needs to come back since she is taking care of them and she needs to bring him to doctor and help him with the daily activities. My mom is the only child living in the same city and my aunt will travel and stay with my grandparents during the time my mom is in Canada.
7- My sister disability card as a proof that she is dependent and she has intellectual disability.

8- I will write an invitation letter and include my income and pay stub and showing my bank account (almost 70K CAD) and stating that I am happily support them for this trip. Also, my boy friend is willing to write an invitation letter as well since he cannot travel to my home country to meet my parents. We have been together for 4 years and he would like to meet mother and sister in person. I have not had the chance to travel back home since 2018.

9- I will also sign an affidavit that I am willing to support their trip if it is needed.
10- I will buy insurance from a Canadian insurance for this trip in advance showing that we are responsible for any unforeseen medical emergency.
11- My mom will also write a letter explaining that the concerns that was specified in the officer note in the previous application has been resolved. (all the concerns was regarding financial status and 3 family member traveling and I was a student, these are no longer exist since I am a permanent resident, working full-time. My dad will not travel with them and they will come back since my mom is working and my grandfather needs help and of course they are not leaving my dad behind and they have well-established life. The purpose of trip will be a family visit and reuniting with me and meeting my boy friend.)

Please advise me if you think I should remove or add any other document. Thank you so much in advance.

My question about my sister is that her card just mentioned mild intellectual disability, it did not indicated any specific thing about it and my sister is not taking any medication and she is physically healthy and in fact she is taking some art classes under supervision of welfare organization as she is able to learn and train. she is able to do her daily activity alone but she is financially dependent to my parents. She does not also stay 1 night away from my parents. Do I need to get any letter from a doctor mentioned that she is physically healthy and she does not take any medicine? Also, Do you think I should get a letter from her art classes which are under welfare organization indicating that she is attending the classes since 2018? Something about this classes is that she is just going there to do an activity and make her life more meaningful and she has found some friends there. There is not any other point about this art class. My sister does not own any other thing that I can include.
Hey,
I am in a similar boat and love to hear whether your sister's visa was approved and how the process went for you.

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey,
I am in a similar boat and love to hear whether your sister's visa was approved and how the process went for you.

Thanks!
Visa was refused. The last time the OP posted they were considering appealing this decision. Don't know if they did this or not. Hopefully they will come back and let us know what happened.

Shaparak1996

Jun 13, 2022
Hey,

Thanks!
Hi, My sister's application was rejected. I went to my MP and asked them for any help. I discussed her situation and all the reason and I provided all of the proof (letter from her doctor, letter from the art center she is attending, photos of my sister with all relatives, friends and parents in different occasions and photos of her art works and all the things that connects her to her home country, showing around 30K CAD available fund from my parents who will support her for this 3 weeks trip, aside from other financial support that they have, a letter from my job that I cannot travel for several weeks due to my responsibilities and position, showing around 100K CAD from my side for any unforeseen expenses in any circumstance that needed, travel insurance for her and an invitation letter from me and etc.) and they were also shocked and assured me to help me in this process. Less than 55 days, I got the officer note as the MP suggested me and to my surprise they did not even mention about her condition, situation or anything. It was only 4 lines that a women 26 years old wants to visit her sister in Canada. The purpose of the visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details provided in the application.The applicant's prior travel history is insufficient to count as a positive factor in my assessment The Applicant's incentives to remain in Canada may outweigh their ties to their home country. Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay.For the reasons above, I have refused this application.

As you can see, they did not provide even what detail, or what reasons which prove me that they did not even review it!! I again took this note to my MP and showed them that I do not see enough reasons and any explanation to change the application. Where should I improve? or even if it is because of her condition, they cannot reject it like this! I discussed with them to take it to court and they suggested me to try this time with a letter from them and see how it goes. I am filing her application in few weeks and will keep everyone posted. This is going to be my last try with the letter. This time, I am going to provide more and more proof as much as possible and will take it to court directly without any hesitation if this time it will be refused. I hope my experience helps you. Just provide strong document and explain everything clearly.

Sep 16, 2022
Thank you very much for your response. Will be following this post and would love to hear any updates! Hope your application is approved this time around. Also, I was wondering how you got in touch with the MP. Was it just via email or did you meet up with them in person?

Sep 16, 2022
Hey, just wanted to follow up on this. Did you end up applying again and if so what was the decision? I recently applied again for my sister's visa and it was refused :(

Shaparak1996

Jun 13, 2022
Anyone who is following this thread, I took my sisters's application to the court and got the settlement offer from the IRCC while we were in the leave stage. First judge reviewed all the documents and asked parties (applicant's representative and IRCC lawyer) to submit their files and documents. The IRCC was given 21 days to submit everything to prove why they rejected her application and support themselves, then suddenly IRCC offered settlement and now we are waiting for IRCC to re-open the application. There were lots of people who were telling me that your sister does not have the chance and it is reasonable that she was refused but the federal court process proves that the rejection was unreasonable!

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Anyone who is following this thread, I took my sisters's application to the court and got the settlement offer from the IRCC while we were in the leave stage and the first judge reviewed all the documents and asked partied to submit their files and documents. IRCC offered settlement and now we are waiting for IRCC to re-open the application. There were lots of people who were telling me that your sister does not have the chance and it is reasonable that she was refused but the federal court process proves that the rejection was unreasonable!
Congrats! Hopefully the VO will approve your sister’s application when it is re-opened.

Reactions: Shaparak1996

alwaystry

Feb 10, 2024
Hi, could you please let me know if you were able to get through this visa application...was ot approved?
I am in a similar situation...need guidance what needs to be done.
Thanks in advance

Anyone who is following this thread, I took my sisters's application to the court and got the settlement offer from the IRCC while we were in the leave stage. First judge reviewed all the documents and asked parties (applicant's representative and IRCC lawyer) to submit their files and documents. The IRCC was given 21 days to submit everything to prove why they rejected her application and support themselves, then suddenly IRCC offered settlement and now we are waiting for IRCC to re-open the application. There were lots of people who were telling me that your sister does not have the chance and it is reasonable that she was refused but the federal court process proves that the rejection was unreasonable!